How do I upgrade LauncherPro in UD 8.0?

Last Updated:

1. smacky

smacky Banned This Topic's Starter

I was thinking about getting the Pro version, but when I try to install it, it says install failed. I figured it was because I was running LP at that time, so I switched to another launcher and then tried to uninstall LP, but could not find it.

So I have LP, I just can't install it. Any clue on what's up?

Advertisement
  2. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

is the pro version available in the market place? if so try deleting Launcher pro off you phone then installing the pro version. Make sure to back up launcher pro settings first though

3. Droid_Junky

Droid_Junky Well-Known Member

I believe you just have to buy the key. In the regular version where it says upgrade you input the key to unlock it. Think you have to buy it from his site. well worth it.

4. smacky

I have to upgrade it using his site? I can't get it off the Market? It will not let me uninstall LP, even when I'm not running it.

5. Droid_Junky

Droid_Junky Well-Known Member

No clue why you can't uninstall it. If you want to upgrade you keep the version you have. Then you have to buy the key through his site using paypal. Introducing the new LauncherPro Plus!. Then input the key on your phone.

6. smacky

Well, I went ahead and uninstalled LP while it was still in use. Risky, I know, and when I hit the Home button, it would not take me to my home screen. Obviously. So I went and tried installing Plus, and still hit the same error. Couldn't switch launchers either. So I reinstalled the ROM and just stuck with it.

Plus can wait. I may switch for something else.

7. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

Launcher Pro does NOT have a version separate from the normal Launcher Pro for the plus features. You have to buy a key from Fede and then put the key into the LP settings. If you are trying to install a version of LP that states that it is a "plus" version, you either are trying to use the LP release from a few months ago that will not work, or you have obtained software that is quite possibly of questionable source.

Again, the only way to unlock the plus features of Launcher Pro is to purchase a key from Fede and insert the key in the settings of LP. A link was posted a few posts ago to purchase a key or you can open the LP settings and scroll to the bottom. You will see the option to purchase a key.

Kratos

8. phantom6294

phantom6294 Active Member

Just to add a little tidbit about why LauncherPro Plus is not available in the Market; from the LauncherPro website:

"I haven

9. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

since you were setup to run LP as you launcher, and you removed it, your system might be unsure what launcher to use. so, you should/could have gone into your settings and reset the launcher so it used the default launcher and thus, you would get your stock launcher back as you would have told the phone to stop using LP as your launcher. whenever you setup LP, you were asked which launcher to use via a little dialog box and in said box wee directions on how to undo which launcher is used when you hit the home button.. so I think the ROM reinstall was a bit much.