1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

how do i view phone storage vs sd card storage?

1. CrispenRaw

CrispenRaw Member

My phone keeps telling me I'm low on space, but I cleaned out my sd card and I know I haven room. Just today my phone at the top scroll bar said I was running low on space, and that my text memory was full even though I only had very few. Thanks all.

Advertisement
  2. guitar2989

guitar2989 Member

go to settings -> SD card & phone storage. and you should find both numbers there
  3. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

Mini Info is a pretty useful widget. It displays battery, SD card and internal storage in a 1x2 icon. Don't have a screen shot at the moment, check it out on the market though.
  4. CrispenRaw

CrispenRaw Member

Thanks for the quick replies! I now see I barely have phone memory storage left, what's the best way to sort and actually see what I have that I can delete, or maybe just move to the sd card?

Thanks
  5. guitar2989

guitar2989 Member

Go to settings then applications then manage applications then press the menu button then sort by size. This will show you what's taking up the most space

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  6. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

the new 2.2 update should address this and allow you to move some of these over to your SD card. don't ask me "when it is coming" as there are a dozen threads on that topic :) just telling you you might have relief for this coming soon.
  7. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Don't forget to check on cache and data for your apps as well. More than once person has ended up discovering that the data/cache for an app (or more than one app) was out of control.
  8. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Well-Known Member

I am experiencing the same issues. Funny how these issues started after I updated to 2.1! Anyway a lot of my app's Cache is greyed out. So in this case, do I tap the CLEAR DATA button? It says it will permanently delete all files, settings, accounts, databases and so on for that app if you go ahead and clear the data! I just want to free up some space but keep the app. Any remedy for that?