How do I....

1. fjones

fjones New Member

have my phone remind me when I have a text message or voicemail that I haven't read. I know it will be in the notification bar, but I can't find anywhere that I can have a audio reminder. I teach school and am not always with my phone, so I really need that "sound" reminder. Make sense? Thanks ahead of time!!

Advertisement
    :
  2. rasmith3530

rasmith3530 Well-Known Member

Settings > Sound & display settings > Notification ringtone. You can adjust volume for this by going to Sound & display settings, then choosing Ringer volume, then uncheck the Use incoming call volume for notifications, and finally, set your volume controls for each.
  3. Matreyu

Matreyu Well-Known Member

I don't see my mp3's in the Notifications list. where should i put my own Notification ringtone mp3 files?
    On my wife's Eris it was in \phone\Media\Audio\Notifications\
  4. rasmith3530

rasmith3530 Well-Known Member

You will have to create a Notifications directory (do this with your phone connected to a PC, or download a File Manager app like Linda) and then copy into it the ringtones you want to use for notification purposes. Android sees this and the Ringtones folder as two separate locations with different purposes.