how do ( properly install BB baseband update?

Last Updated:

1. drumtrucker

drumtrucker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

how to I install Baseband update (C_01.43.01P) currently showing in CW under Bugless Beast. Tried once without wiping. Do I need to wipe... again. Stuck on Moto icon now.

Advertisement
  2. nathan312

nathan312 Well-Known Member

shouldn't have to wipe...I did the BaseBand update one time and didn't notice a difference...i don't know what i'm on curretnly lol. Did it not work?? I'm confused by your question...

3. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

Don't need to wipe.

I don't use Clockwork Mod

Download this.
    Put it on your SD card.

Power off your phone. hold the "X" key on the keyboard and power it on, keep holding on to "X" until it goes into recovery.

(If your using Bugless Beast v0.4 all you need to do press "X" and the power button at the same time.)

Use the volume buttons (Up/down) to navigate to "install zip from sdcard" select it with the camera button.

select "choose zip from sdcard"

Navigate to where you saved the baseband zip. and select it.

It will run and when complete hit the lock/power button to back out to the main menu then select "reboot system now"

That's how you install any zip w/o using ClockworkMod app. Now if you want you don't need that app anymore. I haven't had it installed since the first time I did just to switch to ClockworkMod recovery.

4. drumtrucker

don't care for CW? doing 'hard way' now...

5. drumtrucker

crap, can't get past M logo.... am I screwed?

6. doomedromance

yeah, I don't know. I always do it the "hard way." I don't see a need for the app. And it is easier to install a ROM, Kernel, and Theme at the same time through the recovery. And I never waste time with Nandroid backups, I never had a problem and if I do, oh well, full reinstall whatever. I always titatium backup my important apps before I do anything.

7. doomedromance

No.
    Are you trying to turn on the phone so that you can plug it into the computer and transfer stuff to the SD or are you trying to boot into recovery and can't get past the M logo?

8. drumtrucker

Phone will do a 'normal' boot, but can't seem to get into recovery mode. How long should it take for the Moto Logo to go away?

9. Nicks88

Nicks88 Well-Known Member

flash alternate recovery, then back to CW. you should be fine after that when you upgrade your baseband.

10. doomedromance

So you can boot into Android, but you can't get into recovery?
    It should take less than 10secs. Make sure you hold "X" down before you hit power button and keep holding it until it gets into recovery

11. drumtrucker

not getting exact choices above first level has an 'install' choice next level has 'choose rom from sd card' but yields no choices I am going to boot and move downloaded file to root dir, but does it need to be named 'update.zip' ???

12. Nicks88

Try what I said (flash alternate recovery, then back to CW) and you will be fine. You can do this from Rom Manager then install the baseband upgrade. Had the same issue when trying to flash a new rom/kernels. You don't need to go through the trouble of the above steps. As a matter of fact, I don't think the above steps will work as your recovery is wonky.

13. drumtrucker

I am using the alternate to get to recovery mode and could not navigate to the zip file. Just put a copy on root dir and tried again, but still does not see. I think I need to rename it to 'update.zip'. .

14. Nicks88

No. Power off, reboot your phone and once you are up and running go to rom manager and flash alternate recovery. Once that completes, flash CW again. Once that is complete install baseband upgrade via rom manager. Easy peasy.

15. drumtrucker

may be working now, sorry, was trying to follow CW haters instructions. I just did use the file I downloaded from his link, but used CW. It is booting now.... I hope... yep there the eye. Will check version of Baseband now.... well, after I reactivate, which means it must have worked. As truck driver, I can use any improvement in signal management!

16. drumtrucker

It worked! Does anyone else have trouble editing posts in here?