• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how do stop phone vibrating when other person picks up

Hi guys,

Does anyone know how to stop the phone from doing that little vibration when you make a call and the other person picks up.
I have looked through my call setting but cant work it out.

I keep thinking I am getting a text or something.

Thank you
Click the phone icon. Go to settings, then "in call content sharing'.
Uncheck vibration.
You're done with the annoyance

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, many if not most who have replied to this topic either don't understand the issue or submitted a response that does not solve the problem. OK, here's the REAL and ONLY fix. Either remove the vibrator motor yourself or take it to a phone fix-it shop and have them do it. It's a simple fix, if you know how to do it, and it's the only real fix. The solution is NOT in the settings ! ! ! Period. No, you will no longer be able to use the vibrate function at all, but then again, many of us never use it. This is the ONLY way to stop the annoying, momentary vibration when placing or answering a call.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, many if not most who have replied to this topic either don't understand the issue or submitted a response that does not solve the problem. OK, here's the REAL and ONLY fix. Either remove the vibrator motor yourself or take it to a phone fix-it shop and have them do it. It's a simple fix, if you know how to do it, and it's the only real fix. The solution is NOT in the settings ! ! ! Period. No, you will no longer be able to use the vibrate function at all, but then again, many of us never use it. This is the ONLY way to stop the annoying, momentary vibration when placing or answering a call.
Yeah... no. Seriously.

My previous HTC had this feature: it would vibrate when the person at the other end picked up the call. There was a setting in the phone app to turn this on or off, and that setting worked. Absolutely no need to dismantle the phone and remove the vibration motor. The same with my HTC Desire in 2010 (so a few months newer than the phone that this original thread was discussing and by the same manufacturer, so I would assume the Hero was similar in that respect). And you may have noticed that several of the people responding to the thread 6-7 years ago said the same thing. So maybe you have a phone which does this and has no setting to control it, but that doesn't mean that everyone else did not understand the problem and gave irrelevant answers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones