How do transfer my contacts?Support

Last Updated:

1. Trauma

Trauma Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How do i transfer contacts from my old blackberry tour to my new X?

Do i need to go to a store to do this?

Advertisement
  2. esn

esn Well-Known Member

There are two ways one is sync your device using google sync and when you get your X and log in they will automatically load in your phone. Another way is if you have backup assistant on your blackberry do a backup now when you get your X just restore it's easy.

3. Trauma

Trauma Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

you can restore from blackberry to droid?

do i need to do a contact only backup

4. thirteen113

thirteen113 Well-Known Member

I used the Google sync app for my blackberry curve, worked great, all of my contacts always updated to Google. When I got my Incredible and entered my Google account info, blammo, instant contacts.

5. Zumi

Zumi Well-Known Member

I have a similar question so I won't start a new thread.

I know how to do this with my Evo, but how would I go about doing this with my wife's Samsung Rant phone once we get our Droid X's today? She really doesn't want to lose her contacts.

6. Thong

Thong Active Member

You can possibly do a Bluetooth pairing between the 2 and xfer the contact info that way. Or it may be easier to just go by a Verizon store and have them connect it to their machine and xfer the info over.

7. Theibault

Theibault Well-Known Member

Most Verizon stores will transfer your contacts for you. Some charge, some don't. If you are already with Verizon, use Backup Assistant before activating your new phone.

8. chargerfanray

chargerfanray New Member

on your blackberry there is a backup assistant. use it. it will store your contacts on the server. then use it on your droid. and wala...contacts transferd. worked for me just fine. have android x here.

9. 10-8-enroute

10-8-enroute Member

Hey gang...Hope everybody is doing great on their end of the internet...

I have a question and comment about contacts:

First to the OP...Google Sync is the only way to go. Quick and easy.

Secondly, Backup Assistant is a royal pain in the butt. If you decide to activate it and it backs up your contacts, be prepared to have 3 "LINKS" to every contact...Google Contacts, Backup Assistant Contacts and any Social Network contacts you might have using the Facebook, Twitter and or Myspace apps. For me I never signed up or created a "PIN" number for Backup Assistant so I only have Google Contacts Sync working on the phone.

I have a question for the general forum that I hope you can point me in the right direction.

With Google Sync (Contacts) I enter all contacts (Last Name, First Name) as this helps keep my contacts in order. When I sync to my phone they all come in perfect.

When I activate the Facebook Application, it imports the FB contacts. I then have to go through the tedious task of "LINKING" the FB contacts with my regular contacts.

However when I do this, my whole (Last Name, First Name) format gets all screwed up and leaves my contacts looking like a mess.

First Question: Is there a way to correct this problem? I have tried to go in and manually change the names on the phone, but when I hit "SAVE" it still shows the contacts with the FB links (First Name, Last Name), not the way I would like it, (Last Name, First Name).

Second Question: Is this an issue that will be corrected in time with the 2.2 Froyo Update or FACEBOOK update? If so, great! If not, do you think there will be a time when this issue will be corrected or correctable?

Thanks in advance...

I am out!