how do u massive delete your phone contacts?General

Last Updated:

1. datbomb

datbomb Member This Topic's Starter

i have way to many phone book entries to click and delete 1-by-1. is there a way to just delete all of my phonebook at once?

Advertisement
  2. harleyxlc

harleyxlc Member

Go to Settings, Application, manage applications. Find MyFavs and clear the data. That will delete them on the phone, but it will sync back with the web...you can delete them there easier. Select All and delete.

3. datbomb

datbomb Member This Topic's Starter

if i delete all my contacts on the web, will the phone also delete all the contacts when it syncs up?

i'm not sure what i did here, but i had deleted all of my contacts on the web, then sync'd the phone. when it was done, all my contacts on the phone were gone and everything had transfered to the web. why is that?

4. Vivid

Vivid Well-Known Member

yes it will... just delete that at gmail.com and at next sync they will be gone on the phone.

5. HTC

HTC Well-Known Member

what??

so you're saying, you deleted ur contacts online, when it synced to your phone, it transfered it back online?

but wouldn't transfering it back online cause it to sync to the phone, thus causing it to copy into the phonebook, which syncs to the phone, which syncs from the web, which causes a never ending cycle?? AHHH.. let him delete his contacts, Google!!! o.o