How do you access the Storage Card?Support

1. roninmoto

roninmoto Member

I hooked up my xoom to the PC and can easily see the Device Storage. I loaded a pdf doc onto the device. My question is how do I now view that document? How do you access the storage space?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

I would download and use a file manager like Astro, but you will need a PDF reader (Docs to Go, Quick office, others in teh market).

This however is not a TIP or TRICK, so this should probably be in the Troubleshooting section of this forum. You'll get more answers there too ..
  3. roninmoto

roninmoto Member

Thanks for the tip. Astro worked out great. But the Xoom does have a pdf reader built. No extra program required.

Next time will post to troubleshooting.
  4. Trixie

Trixie Member

This was stored on your MicroSD card?
  5. roninmoto

roninmoto Member

No, this was the internal memory. The SD card will not work until they upgrade to 4G. They will be upgrading both compontants then and you will be able to put in upto 32GB Micro SD Card.
  6. kennychaffin

kennychaffin Well-Known Member

What? I didn't think those two things were linked?
  7. Trixie

Trixie Member

Ronin is wrong about the SD card activation. That will require a software update which a moto rep told me would be OTA. It has nothing to do with the 4g upgrade.
    kennychaffin likes this.
  8. dimitri407

dimitri407 Well-Known Member

Has anyone noticed that Astro says that the internal memory is /mnt/sdcard yet we don't have an sd card yet?
  9. kennychaffin

kennychaffin Well-Known Member

Yes. And I presume that is somehow related to the fact that the SD Card slot doesn't work. I expect it will change when they release the fix.
  10. Tech Addiction

Tech Addiction Well-Known Member

No the Internal memory is treated as Internal SD memory. That's how you are able to access it via PC. Notice it shows up just like any other flash memory. The Samsung Tab is the same way so this has nothing to do with the fact the external SD card is not working yet. Moto just pushed the Xoom out to beat the iPad 2 and they are still working on the unfinished features. The Verizon Samsung Tab does not have Internal SD memory so you have to use External. I have a T-Mobile Samsung Tab and it has a 16gb Internal SD car and an External capable of up to 32gb Hope this helps.
  11. ckelly33

ckelly33 Well-Known Member

In the Viewsonic G-Tablet the external (inserted) card shows up as SDCard2 while the native memory shows as SDCard (as it does now)
  12. joepatterson

joepatterson Member

is there a way to put a memory card in a wi-fi xoom? I see the port, but it does not appear to have the "slot" that is needed for a card reader....

Thanks
    joepatterson
    www.orangepark.net
  13. Pheonille

Pheonille New Member

Hello. I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread, or post here, since it's related... If I'm in the wrong, I apaologize in advance. So. I have a Samsung galaxy s2, 16 gb. I've just downloaded astro and it works great, I can now access my internal storage. Still, a few problems. I put some mp3s in my internal storage (I don't have an external sd card). I can see them with astro, I can listen to them, but can I select one of them to be my ring tone? Do I have to copy them to the internal 2 gb memory? If so, how? Because I'm not sure which is the internal memory. When I connect the phone, these things appear after I click explore: Android, DCIM, external_sd (which I suppose is the storage, since I don't have a micro sd card), usb storage and LOST.DIR. Which one is the internal phone memory, you know, the 2gb one? I have a copy option in astro, but I click it and nothing happens. And if I do copy it via pc to the internal 2 gb memory, where will it show up?