How do you add contact pictureSupport

Last Updated: 2012-01-05 11:58:58
  1. zonk39

zonk39 Member

Hello

i wanted to know how do you add a picture to a contact ?
    I have a picture saved in my photos, how do I add that picture to the contact, so when they call their picture shows up?

Thanks much,
    zonk39

Advertisement
  2. erisFan

erisFan Member

It took me a little while to find this also.

Open the contact in the People App. Select Menu - Edit.

In top, to the left of the input field for name, is an icon of a camera. Click that and you can either take a picture or select from an album.

Hope it works for you.
  3. zonk39

zonk39 Member

Thank you very much for your help!! Appreciate it very much :)

Also, if I set the phone to vibrate by holding in the side button till it vibrates, is there a way to change an incoming text message to vibrate instead of the text making a sound? or is that impossible?

I want the text message to vibrate.

Thanks for your help
    zonk39
  4. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member

Yes. Go into the messaging app and press menu, settings, then notifications. You can customize it to your liking from there.
  5. zonk39

zonk39 Member

Thanks for your help Appreciate it much !!
  6. zonk39

zonk39 Member

Hello,

I am Trying to add a notification sound for text messages, i downloaded some from Ringdroid app , then i goto settings, sound & display, notification sound and click the sound i want and click OK, but when i receive a text message the sound does not play that i wanted.
    help please of how to make the sound my default txt message sound

i have Droid Eris
    thanks
    zonk39
  7. ahilfman

ahilfman New Member

what if you want to add a contact picture thats on your computer? I tried making a folder in the sim card and putting pics in there, but the phone wont let you make these pics into contact pics
  8. Batreky

Batreky Well-Known Member

I follow your Way but the camera button not working with me ? any suggests
  9. mrhomiec

mrhomiec Well-Known Member

if your contacts are synced with your GMail, edit your address book from a computer.

to me, it's easier this way, the pics are saved to your GMail, so you don't have to store the pics on your MicroSDcard, and if you ever upgrade or restore your phone, you won't have to re-assign the pics again.
  10. crazyfreak1989

crazyfreak1989 New Member

I'd like to add a contact photo for myself, how so I do this? My email is crazyfreak1979@yahoo.com. please let me know ASAP!
  11. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

It's easy on the phone. People app, the first contact is the contact for you - edit the contact and add a photo.
  12. jamesbil

jamesbil Well-Known Member

I have been trying to add a pic to contact but it just wont do it. Is it because all my contacts are on sim?