How do you add pictures to this thing?Tips

Last Updated:

1. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I mounted the card. Opened the DCIM folder saw the 100Media folder. I added a few folders there under 100media. That didnt display the individual folder names. In fact, when I went into the camera roll, it's just added all the pics together.
    I then moved the folder inside the 100media folder..That did the same thing. I installed photovault. I browsed to that folder. Public and Private. I added some private pics in the private folder, within it's own folder.
    I opened the gallery and it shows those private pics in there. They are separated by folder name, but it said anything in the private side would not show in the gallery.
    Then photovault adds all the images from all folders into one huge collage of pics. A total mess.

I have no idea how to add pics.

Advertisement
  2. backdown

backdown Well-Known Member

Just make a new folder in the sd card called pictures, or something to your liking. Add the pictures in there, and then unmount. Go into gallery and you should have a selection between several different albums. Like"Camera shots, all photos, all videos, all downloads". I have a folder specifically for my backgrounds, and it is in there as backgrounds.

3. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

On the root of the SD card?

4. backdown

backdown Well-Known Member

Yeppers.

5. standuncan

standuncan New Member

So, how do I get to the SD card? Is it in Set up? Or Gallery? or Settings?

Or should I get there through a third party app, like "File Manager"? I've tried to find the SD Card through Settings, but it only has a category called SD and Phone Storage, which only lists the amount of storage in the SD card, not how to save to it, or move files around in it.

6. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

You NEED to go through a file manager.