• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do you assign a custom ringtone to a contact?

The above only works though if you make a contact on the phone itself. If you're just running Google contacts then you can't have a custom ringtone. The way to get around this is to make a contact on the phone as well, but you don't have to put any info in, just link it to your Google contact. Name it the same as the google contact and you'll be all set.

Upvote 0
The above only works though if you make a contact on the phone itself. If you're just running Google contacts then you can't have a custom ringtone. The way to get around this is to make a contact on the phone as well, but you don't have to put any info in, just link it to your Google contact. Name it the same as the google contact and you'll be all set.

Ohhh, so I wasn't completely losing it! :) Thanks, this helped.

Upvote 0
ok i figured this out so people know when you have google contacts you can not add a custom ringtone , we all know this .... and everyone says you have to make another contact under your phone not google. which is true all you have to do is click on create contact. and put the name in the same as your google contact you are trying to set a personal ringtone for which was stated earlier in this thread .... now i believe what everyone is thinking is i gotta have multiple contacts so your contact list would look like
davey - google
davey - google
etc...

but it actually puts it directly in your contact so you will only have one "davey" in your list cause it links itself automatically

i hope that explanation helps

Upvote 0
It is still very valid for one who is still using a Fascinate.... that is what is so good about forums... the info lasts forever.

There are people out there who are still using a Fascinate?! :p Kidding of course. I just didn't think that the method was the same due to a different software version, but my Fascinate was stolen long ago so I have no idea what version it's on.

Upvote 0
There are people out there who are still using a Fascinate?! :p Kidding of course. I just didn't think that the method was the same due to a different software version, but my Fascinate was stolen long ago so I have no idea what version it's on.

I'd use mine if I still had it from years ago :p lol

The method should be universal for any android version :thumbup:

Reactions: nunyabizness
Upvote 0
I'd use mine if I still had it from years ago :p lol

The method should be universal for any android version :thumbup:

LOL, so would I! I loved that phone. I had to make do with a Blackberry for awhile afterward. :eek: It was laying on my desk and I went in another room to use the copier and some vagrant walked in and snatched it. Boss was supposed to file an insurance claim but she never did. Bitch. :D

Reactions: DragonSlayer95
Upvote 0
LOL, so would I! I loved that phone. I had to make do with a Blackberry for awhile afterward. :eek: It was laying on my desk and I went in another room to use the copier and some vagrant walked in and snatched it. Boss was supposed to file an insurance claim but she never did. Bitch. :D

I had the captivate (AT&T version), same phone though, loved it. Used it for just about 3 years until it finally died on me. Moved up to the s2/s3 from there :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones