• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How Do You Carry Your Droid (Case/SnapOn Cover)

Naked, but I'm finding that the screen is a smudge-magnet, so requires constant cleaning. Anyway, like I said in a previous post, I don't want to surround the phone in "armor". It's too sexy to be hidden..haha.

This is exactly why I am putting an anti-glare screen protector on. It really helps with the finger prints.

iDon't like fingerprints or smudges on my screen. It looks really nasty

Upvote 0
For now, my Droid is naked.

There's another thread like this a page back, but I'll go ahead and paste what I said there, here since it's relevant.

I just removed my case, and won't be likely to put it back on except for certain situations. I got the snap on hard cover from Verizon. As they describe it on the package, "impact resistant plastic cover wrapped in leather." The "leather" appears to simply be another type of plastic with a leather-like texture. The case adds considerable bulk to the phone, and makes sliding out the keyboard difficult (not to mention noisy). I'm quite paranoid that the case will eventually ruin the phone.

I'll be returning the case to the store soon. I think I'll give the body glove case a try, though I'll be sure to see how it fits in the store before taking it home.

I also got the Verizon screen covers and can honestly say they suck. They aren't even cut to properly fit the screen. I'll be returning those as well. In fact, the only thing I got for my Droid that doesn't suck is the car charger.

If the bodyglove doesn't work out maybe I'll try the innocase. I've yet to decide if I'll try another screen cover.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Body glove with Verizon screen protector...like the case but only had my Droid about a week and I am not sure if I like the Verizon protector...it is extremely thick and I haven't tryed to take off yet but considering it.

I tried the screen protector but after watching a video on how scratch resistant the screen was I took it off. The touch screen is much more responsive without the protector.

Upvote 0
Screen protector and the clip-on holster. Easy access and the screen is protected. However, sometimes I get clothes stuck between the droid and case when clipping in (especially while trying to do this sitting).

So today we went to see santa at the mall. They don't want you filming video (or you would not pay $50 for a handful of photos).

I knew my daughter might go nuts when santa came out, so I thought I might have a America's funniest home video contender.

I started the video and slipped the droid into the snap holster and it worked ok. I had to flip it so the video would be the right way, but it worked fine (when nobody stood in front of me).

And the girl held it together when santa came out! So no exciting video to share...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones