• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do you carry your slide

bugger

Jun 19, 2010
Florida
How do you carry your phone? As of right now, I have screen protector (that came with it) and I put it in an old belt clip case. I was thinking about getting a hard black ruberized case from amzer, but I am not sure. Do you keep you phone in a case, snap on, naked? Do you carry in your pocket, belt, etc...?
If carrying in your pocket, is the screen overly sensitive to scracthes, etc.. My buddy as an eris and that screen seems like it would be very hard to scratch.

Just curious as to how everyone carries they phone.

I carry mine naked and in my pocket, unfortunately!
Does anyone know when seidio, or otterbox will come out with some cases for the slide?

I talked to an otterbox rep and said that they didnt have in plans for making one for the slide but where thinking about doing so due to popular demand. I hope they do... there are no other cases on par with otterbox imo.

Upvote 0
lmfao...Belt clip??? Wow nerd alert!! J/k

I wouldn't say nerd!!! Maybe I am just not cool anymore!!! LOL
Belt clips seem much more convenient then a pocket where it could get damaged. It seems I am too worried about it, because a lot of people seem to use nothing and just put it in the pocket. I dont have anything against that, i am just more worried about damaging the screen. Are the screens scratch resistant at all? my buddy has a droid and his screen seems like there is a hard plastic over it where it would prevent it from getting scratched without some serious effort behind it to scratch it.

Upvote 0
I was out today looking for a case but no one has any. I think i may just go with a horizontal belt clip. I am not really big on just putting it in my pocket. I never have really been a fan on that. I hate having to dedicate a pocket to it. At least on a belt clip I dont have to worry as much about banging it, etc... just seems like it could get broken easier in the pocket.
I guess I will be one of the few people that still use a belt clip! lol

Upvote 0
Yeah from my understanding, well according to the sales reps at tmobile, all the accessories for the slide have been delayed and should be arriving in stores on or around the 15th. Everything from gels, skins, cases, extra batteries, etc... They said they should be getting in the full line of accessorries like they carry for the regular mytouch.
I guess I'll wait and see.

Upvote 0
Use invisible shield...phone looks naked and will stand up against even abuse from a dremil tool...google it and check out the vids. Little pricey though so I'll tell you a secret buy it direct from their website and use promo code "youmobile" for 20% off. Don't know if one for slide is out yet but if not it will be soon!

Upvote 0
Use invisible shield...phone looks naked and will stand up against even abuse from a dremil tool...google it and check out the vids. Little pricey though so I'll tell you a secret buy it direct from their website and use promo code "youmobile" for 20% off. Don't know if one for slide is out yet but if not it will be soon!
Just Checked their website. Looks like it is available for the slide.

Upvote 0
Just Checked their website. Looks like it is available for the slide.

I was just about to post that I still didn't see it as being available when I found it. I'd been looking at their dropdown of available models which doesn't list the Slide, but using their other search tool shows it. I already ordered a full-body skin from Skinomi, but based on reviews I might have gone for the Invisible Shield instead... (Not that the TechSkin got bad reviews, just that the Invisible Shield got lots of good ones) Oh well, the Skinomi has a lifetime warranty so it can't be bad right? :p

Zagg Invisible Shield

Skinomi TechSkin

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones