How Do You Clear Browser Cache?

1. nonie3234

nonie3234 Well-Known Member

Ooooo - how do you clear the cache on the browser? I wanna try that, too!

Advertisement
    :
  2. shawheim_a

shawheim_a Well-Known Member

go to settings, then applications, then manage applications, then find browser after the list loads, then click browser and clear cache. also says clear data but i didnt do that. my browsers cachenhad 14.5mb by its self!
  3. nonie3234

nonie3234 Well-Known Member

Thank you so MUCH! I learn something new here every day! :p

4. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

Going to Applications is fairly slow. You can also clear the browser cache from the browser: Menu:More:Settings:<scroll down>Clear Cache.

jd
  5. shawheim_a

this is true if you want to clear just the browser. but what i was stating, yeah its a lil slow but the point of goin to the applications list to get there is to see all of your applications and the sizes. and to see which ones are eating up memory so you can clear their caches too. i also cleared faceboof and myspace and a few others. it took me from 44mb to 75mb.
  6. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

How often do you go into your applications to clear the cache? Once a week?

Also, my Facebook for Android app doesn't allow me to clear the cache. The application just keeps growing in size. Every few weeks, I'll uninstall and reinstall. Kind of ridiculous.
  7. shawheim_a

THat was the first time I have ever done it. But it works. The Facebook thing ill check mine and are what happens.
  8. jorgemastro

jorgemastro New Member

The 'official' way to clean up the cache for facebook is as simply as a LOGOUT from facebook, (my cache was using 3.5Mb!)

It will ask you to confirm as all data will be deleted.
  9. Ultimate Jason

Ultimate Jason New Member

What do i look for as being listed as the Browser? I cannot find anything.
  10. Ultimate Jason

Ultimate Jason New Member

Anybody?
  11. marefin

marefin Well-Known Member

You don't see a icon on the home page called "Browser"?
  12. Isthmus

Isthmus Well-Known Member

If your browser is not on one of the desktops, just open your app drawer and find it there. your apps should be arranged alphabetically and the browser is called...Browser.

To put it on the desktop, just press the icon and hold it for a second or two. the app drawer will disappear and the underlying desktop will appear. Just drop the icon where you want it to be.