• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do you delete a POP3 email account

goblue42

Jul 12, 2010
I have 2 pop3 email accounts. Both emails are going to one folder which I hate. I would like to have a work email icon and a personal email icon. So I would like to start over and set it up the above mentioned way. For the life of me I can not figure out how to delete the 2 email accounts. How do I do this? Or how do I simply separate the 2 accounts out of one folder into 2.

:mad: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

I have 2 pop3 email accounts. Both emails are going to one folder which I hate. I would like to have a work email icon and a personal email icon. So I would like to start over and set it up the above mentioned way. For the life of me I can not figure out how to delete the 2 email accounts. How do I do this? Or how do I simply separate the 2 accounts out of one folder into 2.

:mad: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

To completely delete:

1. Click on the mail icon
  2. Click MENU
  3. Click MORE
  4. Click SETTINGS
  5. Click DELETE
HOWEVER, that is not going to solve your problem

What I suggest doing:

1. Delete the mail icon from you desktop
  2. Then from a blank space on your screen (or where ever you choose to put them)
  3. Click the PLUS tab (or hold down the screen)
  4. Click add shortcut
  5. Click on MAILBOX. You will then be able to create individual mailboxes for each account.

Reactions: goblue42
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones