How do you delete all messages at once?? (text not email)

Last Updated:

1. Goldenboi24k

Goldenboi24k Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have the HTC EVo, and want to be able to delete all messages in my inbox/outbox, without having to check them one-by-one. Is it possible, or is there an app I need to download? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

You shouldn't need an app. On my Hero while viewing all text threads, I just hit menu and there's and option to delete all threads.

3. Goldenboi24k

But not for the Ego

4. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

That sucks that they took out options for the Evo. We're running the same basic software, 2.1 with Sense UI. The previous answer I gave you was for Handcent. I just went and checked the stock app though, and all I did was hit menu<delete, and I could check individually conversations I wanted gone. I could check them all at once if i wanted, so only slightly slower than Handcent. Maybe you should go ask in the Evo forums for a better answer. Sorry.

5. Divebomber3

Divebomber3 Active Member

on my eris running 2.1 and handcent under menu there is a batch option that lets you choose and delete all... hope that may help..

6. Goldenboi24k

still nothing :(
    The menu in messaging only brings up single checkboxes.

7. Divebomber3

Divebomber3 Active Member

if you check all the checkboxes then hit menu again it don't give you the option to delete all selected??

8. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

Each of those check boxes should be thread conversations with different people, not individual texts. Unless you text 50 different people, there should only be a few boxes to check off. If that is too long of a process for you, try Handcent. It's a totally customizable messeging app and allows you to delete all texts in 2 button clicks.

9. sifi

sifi Well-Known Member

On my desire you bring up the message list. Then you press menu and delete. That brings up the checkboxes but if you press menu again the option 'delete all threads' appears. Aren't the evo and the desire running the same software? If they are it should be there for you.

Divebomber, if you check all the boxes you simply need to then press the delete key anyway. I think the OP wants a way to do it without manually checking 100 boxes.

10. Goldenboi24k

Correct, I can check all of them, then select delete. But it takes like 90 secs lol. Ive never seen a phone where you couldn't delete all messages at once. Even the Tracphone I had when I was 11 year old could do that.

11. JAHathaway

JAHathaway New Member

Go to your email
    Select: Menu
    Hit delete
    Hit menu again
    Click select all
    Hit delete or first uncheck any messages you want to keep.

12. Goldenboi24k

BTW, issue SOLVED. After you press delete, you have to press menu to see the "delete all" button

13. FixFlashMyPC

FixFlashMyPC New Member

When viewing mail I used "menu" delete than "menu" again and chose mark all, than hit delete :) HTC Evo 2.2