• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do you delete contact specific ringtones?

MachX7

Lurker
Dec 17, 2012
I recently set up some of my contacts with custom ringtones. However, I cannot seem to undo the custom ringtone selection. Specifically, I would like to change the contacts back to the default option so that all my contacts play the same ringtone when calling.

Is there an option to set a contact to play the default ringtone? I cannot seem to find it.

I've never messed with a custom ringtone but doesn't it show up in the contact information? If so, I would think editing each of those contacts and just removing the custom ringtone would cause it to return to your default ringtone. Welcome to Android Forums MachX7. I hope you enjoy your time here.
You would think so but no. You can set the ringtone to default, but that just sets the contact specific ringtone to your phones default. So if you change your phones ringtone that one keeps the default beeps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones