How do you delete text messages?Support

1. stephen65

stephen65 Well-Known Member

This is the first phone I've ever owned that doesn't seem to have separate boxes for messages sent, received, etc.

How do you delete messages? For instance I've still got the welcoming message from Verizon and normally I would have just deleted it right when I got it but I can't find out how to do it.

Now I don't want to delete everything at once like clearing a cache, I want to delete them one at the time.

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Try opening the messaging app and pressing Menu and see if you have the option to delete threads.

I've changed the prefix tag to support BTW since you are looking for help :)
    stephen65 likes this.
  3. stephen65

Thanks, that was it. I didn't realize that the menu button was used everywhere. I thought you just used it to pick your home screen.

But the only option is to delete the entire conversation, you can't delete specific messages. Is this the way it's supposed to be?
  4. AdmSuvvuk

AdmSuvvuk Well-Known Member

Long press the individual message from within the thread, the choose delete from the menu that pops up.
    stephen65 likes this.
  5. stephen65

Ok thanks, I'll try that next time.
  6. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

When in doubt, try pressing Menu or long pressing on the screen. You'll get all sorts of other options! :)
    stephen65 likes this.
  7. aostang

aostang Well-Known Member

When in doubt, don't lie to your girlfriend about who you're talking to. Then you don't have to delete individual text messages. :cool:
    KendallBun likes this.
  8. stephen65

:D

I was referring to messages from her. Normally I would just delete our little short messages like "ok" or something like that. But this phone keeps them all under who sent them and not individually.