How do you disable flash in the stock browser?Support

Last Updated:

1. sbmhome

sbmhome Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 17, 2010
    I just got the OTA 2.2 update and love the speed of REALLY is faster that 2.1. BUT its not fast enough to run flash properly on some pages. is one site that its just to choppy to scroll around properly. I'd rather have speed and smoothness than flash and I don't see any options to disable flash.

Anyone know if it can be disabled and where is the option? And by disable it I mean give the static image....not the green arrow in the white box. The reason is because some pages do not render properly when flash is disabled. A HUGE white box covers a lot of the screen. One example is

Also on a side note, everything else to me was extremely fast on 2.1 and the reason why most people can't tell 2.2 is faster is because they are looking at the fast things in 2.1 and trying to decide if its faster...which you can't really have to look at whats slow. Its like seeing a car fly by...was it going 90 or 100? Hard to tell....but I'm sure you can tell between a car going 20 or 60.

Below are a couple of things in 2.2 is definetely faster than 2.1 for me.

1. Scrolling through text messages is much smoother than 2.1
    2. There was a slight 1 - 2 second delay in 2.1 when going to bookmarks (using the thumbnail option)...I guess to load up the is now much quicker. Also, scrolling through the thumbnail bookmarks is a lot quicker.

2. DizkoDan

DizkoDan Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    I believe it's Browser Settings->enable plugins