How do you disable GPS tracking/remove GPS tracking?

Last Updated:

1. Wolfy1

Wolfy1 New Member

I find it absolutely creepy! I want to be CERTAIN that no one, not even myself, can track my phone (I suppose theirs no stopping the company...), but at any rate, how to I ensure that the tracking is turned off?

Advertisement
  2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Just make sure GPS is turned off, and wifi location is turned off.

To be honest, I don't really think anyone cares about me all that much to track me. I lead a very boring life...
    Wolfy1 likes this.
  3. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

Might also be a good idea to go into Settings > Location, and un-check all those options.
    Wolfy1 likes this.
  4. Wolfy1

Wolfy1 New Member

Thanks so much! I can now sleep at ease knowing that no stranger is tracking my phone... :). Thanks a lot for telling me where to find it!
  5. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

I turned it on deliberately just because I want my search results to be relevant. If I look up "Pizza Hut" I want the first result to be the Pizza Hut down the street from where I am. I don't want to have to click through some sort of location finder on a company's web site from my phone.
  6. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

All cellphones can be tracked and it cannot be turned off. Has always been so. Phone location settings only change how the phone determines its own location.