How do you disable the auto sign in for Google Talk?Support

Last Updated:

1. killeronly001

killeronly001 Active Member This Topic's Starter

If I am not mistaken it's the same as the Talk, I heard that it uses a lot of the battery power, and I don't really use it. I went to settings and I unchecked the auto sign in, but when i go to Talk again, they automatically sign me in, did I do anything wrong? or am i signed out when I exit Talk?

Advertisement
  2. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Open Gtalk

Go to Menu > More > Settings

Uncheck Automatically Sign In.

Thank Me. =D

RaiderNations likes this.
  3. djdisturbed

djdisturbed Well-Known Member

whenever you start talk, it will sign you in, but if you uncheck what the above post said and then signout when you exit the app it will stay signed out untill you restart the app.

4. oana_casapu

oana_casapu New Member

I have a samsung galaxy and I can't sign out from gtalk. I disable the automatic sign in and when I restart the application, I am already signed in with my work google apps account. I did not find a way to switch to my gmail account, as it always logs in with the google apps one.

So, how do I sign out and switch to another account? Does anyone have the same problem? Am I missing something? :confused:

5. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

ok, auto sign is for signing you in WITHOUT opening the app. once you leave you will be signed out until the next time you open the app.

if you are checking to see if you are signed in by opening the app you are doing it wrong.

check to see if worked by checking running services. after unchecking auto sign in and exiting the app you should no longer see talk in running services. may require a reboot after unchecking auto sign in.

Edit: no clue on having 2 gmail accounts.