How do you disable the flashing blue light?General

1. ken-doh

ken-doh Active Member

Hi,

I have a Note 2. Love it, but a few issues. it has a really annoying flashing blue led notification. How can I disable this? I have turned off all the LED notifications and it still remains :(

Advertisement
    :
  2. BleedingPurist

BleedingPurist Well-Known Member

Are you new to Android? Why would you disable the LED notifications when you would just dismiss the notification from the notification bar to stop it. Facebook uses a blue notification... it will stop blinking when you either tap the notification to go to it, or swipe it to the side to clear it.

Coming from iPhone?
  3. ken-doh

ken-doh Active Member

My phone sits by my bed at night so I do not want a flashing LED. I can turn the screen over but that is not ideal. I want the notifications in the tool bar when the screen is active but I am not fussed about a notification at 3am of a gmail :)

and I have had an HTC Hero - S2 and now Note 2 :) Love the Android :)
  4. R4nd0mJ0k3r

R4nd0mJ0k3r Well-Known Member

Settings --> Display --> LED Indicator
    sprale, jcwillia1, JamaDroid and 2 others like this.
  5. pyl

pyl New Member

I meant "blinks" not "blicks". (I was unable to change the title)

I am having the same issue with my Note 2. I have unchecked all the LED indicators in Setting -- Display -- LED indicator, but blue LED light still blinks when there are new notifications. I had uninstalled suspected apps, Profile scheduler and Yahoo mail, the problem didn't go away. Does anyone have any clue?
  6. slipmagt

slipmagt Well-Known Member

Ive noticed with some of the default settings on light flow, just dismissing the notification doesnt stop the LED, it wanted me to actually view the emails. I changed that setting and now just pulling down the notification bar that stopped the notification.
  7. captnkid

captnkid New Member

Disregard my last post... wrong.
  8. emily306

emily306 New Member

I just bought the samsung note 2 about a week ago. my problem is the opposite - i guess when i get text messages, the LED light just stays on, it does NOT blink. i'd rather it blinked? any one know why this might be? i currently do not have any apps installed that are related to LED lighting....
  9. mafac

mafac Active Member

I see that the notification light uses different colors for different notifications... anyone do a chart yet? (blue='s email, white _='s im, etc)
  10. Phieziem

Phieziem New Member

I have just come from iphone and love the note 2 a lot, seems a huge leap forward from my iphone 4.

my problem is that i get the notification sound for both emails and text messages, is it possible to disable it for emails and just have it for texts ?

If any of you guys would put together an idiots guide to the Note 2 I would happily pay a tenner for it, probably along with lots of other people !
  11. xaelith

xaelith Well-Known Member

What email app are you using (K9, Gmail, stock, Hotmail, to name a few)? The where and how of the notifications settings depends greatly on what app you're using to catch and view your emails.
  12. Twinkling82

Twinkling82 New Member

You should be able to have different sounds. Go into your phone, choose system message sound, this will be for your sms and probably mms's as well. Now, jump into your gmail app, hit the menu button (the lower left button that's OFF the screen) and a pop up menu will appear, and then look in the settings, there should be a setting for sound.

Same goes for other apps, I can't remember if I have fiddled with my e-mail sound yet.

Yesterday my Light Flow app stopped working, and I was close to thinking it was the LED light that popped. But rebooting the phone quickly showed me the LED was working fine. I need to re-download it, it's pretty useful to know at a glance if anything important has happened.
  13. psychdoc1956

psychdoc1956 New Member

Uncheck box at settings> display> led indicator > notifications
  14. jap11scot

jap11scot Member

wonder why I do not get flashing light when I get an amail (Gmail) also only sound notification
    Can anyone advise?
  15. eytamazita

eytamazita New Member

i've has check my email... then set up the setting,... finally the blue light has stopped.. hahaha now i can sleep with my pleasure.. :) thanks.. <3:p:):):D:D
  16. amberseattle

amberseattle New Member

if you go into your emails, the settings for them, then yes u can disable notifications for them, including the light.
  17. amberseattle

amberseattle New Member

go to your emails, get into your settings and you can turn off notifications. Your texts have nothing to do with this so do worry about not getting those notifications
  18. murphy751

murphy751 New Member

I have an s4 and have been trying to figure out why the blue light flashes when the phone is sleeping. I came across Samsung website telling me it's when the voice recorder is on while screen off! Yup.. not surprising

Even more odd, I was talking about this yesterday for a while. Today Google now shows me the weather, and then "why is my blue light flashing on my galaxy..." article link. U mm ya..

Is it just me or does everyone feel like their damn phone is always doing things it shouldn't? How many of you really trust it with so much personal data and no control over the permissions besides all or none?