how do you do a restore using a backup file on the SD card?Support

Last Updated:

1. Libra1975

Libra1975 New Member This Topic's Starter

hello,

I broke my HTC Desire so did what I thought was a backup to the SD card and sent it away to be fixed. Apparently they couldn't fix it and sent me another one. When I turned the new phone on (after having inserted the SD card) it asked me if I wanted to do system update, I presume this was to 2.2. I said yes. Now I have lost all my contact data (and diary but contact data more important!). If I connect my HTC desire to the PC I can see quite clearly the backup file I made before I sent the HTC desire off to be repaired. Questions is a) does it have my contacts in and b) how on EARTH do I put the contacts back into the HTC desire (sorry if I haven't phrased that very well).

Hope someone can help, thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. rtb35

rtb35 Well-Known Member

Your contacts should be on your google account so just sync the phone and your contacts should come back.

As for the backup i would assume you need to download whatever app you used to make the backup and then use that to restore the backup.

3. Libra1975

Libra1975 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks RTB but the contacts aren't on my google account (they have the email addresses but not the phones).

That's the thing I can't remember using a backup app I thought it was all done by my phone.