• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do you END a call on hold?

Bearly

Android Expert
Apr 12, 2010
If I am on a call and get a second, incoming call...

Second call will take a while, so I switch back to first call and say, "Ill call you back."

I can't seem to switch to the second call and have the first call drop off, such that there's no longer a "call waiting" screen, EVEN IF the first caller hangs up himself/herself.

How can I end the call on hold WITHOUT ending both calls?

If I am on a call and get a second, incoming call...

Second call will take a while, so I switch back to first call and say, "Ill call you back."

I can't seem to switch to the second call and have the first call drop off, such that there's no longer a "call waiting" screen, EVEN IF the first caller hangs up himself/herself.

How can I end the call on hold WITHOUT ending both calls?

Would also like to know this

Upvote 0
It's just an example of an unpolished UX in my opinion. I feel like HTC should've spent a LOT more time testing out "real world" usage and collecting some user feedback.

Unless I'm being an idiot and there's an easy way to do it; it sure as hell doesn't seem intuitive.

Upvote 0
When you answer the second call, it puts the 1st on hold. If you want to return to the first one, slide the screen down and u will see the status of both calls and hold buttom. Hit it and it should return u to the first caller.

I think we all understand that part. It's the fact that you can't disconnect from one call without dropping both.

Reactions: facemymusic
Upvote 0
I called HTC (HTC was no help at all) and Verizon and this is what we figured out. If you press end call for whatever call you are on, and then wait about 10 seconds, the phone will ring you back, and if you press answer you will then be back on the call that was on hold. Before the phone rings you back it goes to your home screen, so you think you've been disconnected, but if your just patient and wait, it will go back to the call that you want. It's ridiculous and a pain in the neck to wait so long, but it works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones