How do you feel about the overall design of the hTC Incredible 4G?General

Do you like the design of the hTC Incredible 4G???

1. I love it!!! Looks great!!!

41.0%
  2. It's ugly!!! Hate it!!!

3.3%
  3. Meh...It's OK, I guess...

37.7%
  4. hTC has been making phones that look the same for years!!!

18.0%
  1. blackepoxy

blackepoxy Well-Known Member

Sooooo, from what you have seen so far, what do think about the design/style/look of the hTC Incredible 4G???

Advertisement
  2. Skeeter125

Skeeter125 Well-Known Member

I like the looks of it. I will have to see it more in person but looks good and keeps the styling of the incredible line.
    blackepoxy likes this.
  3. blackepoxy

I like it for the most part but, I don't like the backplate. (I should have made that a poll option)
    I would like a different aftermarket battery door for it.
    It was hinted that there will be some available.
    I have seen some for the Rezound.
    I will just end up putting a case & screen protector on it anyway, I case all my phones. :p
  4. jamala00

jamala00 Well-Known Member

My vote is based solely on if it is a 4" display. If it's bigger my vote changes to Hate It!
  5. blackepoxy

LOL! :p;)
  6. mjdecker

mjdecker Member

I really like it. From what I can tell of the photos really resembles the DINC 1 and the Rezound and don't mind the red accents.

As for the back, I gotta say I like it better than the weird shape the DINC1 has... When the first DINC was announced, I hated the back but it's grown on me after using it the past two years.

Now only thing I wish it had was edge to edge screen (with on screen buttons vs capacitive) but don't think that will happen on any phone for some time.
  7. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

It needs to be as thin as my DINC2. The back plate on the DINC2 gives it the illusion that it is thinner than it actually is. I am not liking that it resembles the Rezound.

I am still going to hold off to see what the Samsung Galaxy S3 will be. ;)
  8. Skeeter125

If it is over 4" then I will not like it. Phones are getting to large and I think at least for me 4" is the sweet spot.
  9. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

I guess I was the first one to "hate".
    But you know what they say: Haters gonna hate!
    JK
    Seriously though, the back plate is frggin hideous! You'd think they would've learned from the Rezound, but no. WHY?! Why would they make the back look like that?!
    Bleah.
    [​IMG]
    If they come out with exchangeable backs there will be hope.
    blackepoxy likes this.
  10. Skeeter125

It is the signature for the incredible line that weird/ugly back that some call it.
  11. TheAtheistReverend

Look at the back of the Rezound and tell me the DInc4G doesn't look like it more than either of the first two DInc's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Compared to:
    [​IMG]

Or:

[​IMG]

I think it rezemblez the Rezound more. But maybe that's just me...
    blackepoxy likes this.
  12. Skeeter125

Im not saying it doesn't but they all follow similar lines and many thought the rezound would be the inc 3 so it only makes sense.
  13. This is because the Incredible 4G and Rezound have the exact same screen size which is 4.3"
  14. TheAtheistReverend

Yeah, I just would prefer a cleaner looking back. That's all.:(

EDIT:
    After I lined up all those pics I just can't get over how much it looks like a Rezound 2 more than a DInc3(4g)!
    :confused:
    I think when I can hold it in hand I may feel different if the size and form factor are nice.
    blackepoxy likes this.
  15. today

today Well-Known Member

Okay ok ok. Forget what I said about a screen over 4 inches. I'll take whatever. It's time for something new. Very excited to get this beast in hand. Sort of let it sell itself. Been reading up on that evo 4g. That camera app looks awesome. These two phones, the evo and the incredible are linked forever as the biggest android technology leap in smartphones.
  16. blackepoxy

The back is friggin' ugly!!! :mad:
    +1

It does look more like a Rezound 2 than anything else, glad someone said that.
    +5
    TheAtheistReverend likes this.
  17. TheAtheistReverend

I'm really hoping for an interchangeable back, with of course the inclusion that someone would make a back that is clean for the thing.
    blackepoxy likes this.
  18. blackepoxy

By clean do you mean getting rid of raised double corner plateau thing?

Or clean like looks "tight"?

I think the Dinc2 looks the best of 'em all.
    I instantly feel in love with the clean lines of the design & the shape of the raised plateau on the back all in soft touch "stealth" black.:)
  19. TheAtheistReverend

I guess by clean I do mean "tight". I don't mind contours, I love the back of the DInc2 as well.
    I really can't stand the ribbed-for-her-pleasure thing. Not really a huge fan of the grey either.
    Color is low on the concern list. Just drop the McRibs please!
    blackepoxy likes this.
  20. blackepoxy

Gray is one of my favorite colors but, not like that...not that sickly color.
    I don't like the textured lines either...
    Seidio Active or surface case on mine before I leave the store please...:p;)
    TheAtheistReverend likes this.
  21. TheAtheistReverend

+10

First thing I always buy. I love the surface cases (used to be the innocase).
  22. today

today Well-Known Member

Those pics on the droidoes page sure do look nice. But if that three bills price tag is real, I can hold out and let y'all test drive this for me. I'm willing to take a test drive for under two hundred tho, and only if they wave the white flag on that dirty dollar upgrade fee. That's like stealing my loyalty bonus. How loyal is that?
  23. blackepoxy

I am totally loving this design in all stealth black than any other of the pics we have previously seen...:D:D:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It now looks more like a device I would certainly consider owning.
    TheAtheistReverend and today like this.
  24. Center

Center Well-Known Member

Only thing is the LED flash went from 2 (on my Inc2) to 1... Hope it doesn't mean they're cutting corners on the flash.
  25. blackepoxy

YES!!!

totally loving this!!! :love:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    :love:
    Yes!!! That's slick...understand elegance!!!:D
    Skipdawg likes this.