How do you flash a modem??

1. artvandalay22222

artvandalay22222 Well-Known Member

I want to try the Continuum Rom again. On THIS page I read the above comment about flashing a Modem.

Is this done before I flash the Rom? Is it done After? Do I just put the modem on the sdcard and rename it to update.zip?

Thanks for any help

Advertisement
    :
  2. TripsYou

TripsYou Well-Known Member

I tried to flash this ROM and it bricked my phone. I had to make my own JIG to fix it.
  3. NorCal Einstein

NorCal Einstein Well-Known Member

Modem flash is generally done AFTER the ROM install. Depending on the modem package, you can install them through ClockworkMod Recovery or Odin3/Heimdall. It really depends on what modem package you download and want to install...

I just looked at the JPY modem in that thread, and it looks like a ClockworkMod Recovery install package.

I really don't know why that dev doesn't just include the modem in the ROM. Most devs putting out ROMs don't make you flash the ROM, and then modem as well....
  4. artvandalay22222

I flashed it once before and I thought it was awesome. Then after about a day I turned the phone on and got an endless loop of force closes, so I reflashed cognition 3.0.4.

I really want to retry this one but im kinda scared ya know, what if that force close loop happens while im at work. I rely on my phone at work.
    lilmurray likes this.
  5. artvandalay22222

The rom developers's response to that question:

So Im trying to understand, I dont need to flash JPY, but it is recommended.

And to flash JPY, I first flash the new rom, then I download clockwork mod and ROM manager from market and use it to flash the JPY modem. To do that I need to put the JPY modem on the sdcard first.

Is that right?