How do you force the People app to use a certain image?Tips

Last Updated:

1. JohnJSal

JohnJSal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The images for my contacts keeping changing when I do things like link them to the person's Facebook account. In one case it changes to whatever that person has on their Google account even after I've set my own image for her in Google Contacts. How can I make the image remain the same while still taking advantage of all the syncing and linking options?

Advertisement
  2. JohnJSal

Anyone know about this? I'd like to use the "Link" feature, but I don't want it to use other people's profile pictures.

3. bvbull200

bvbull200 Banned

I'm in for this one as well. I have one person who has two Facebook accounts. One he rarely uses and the only way I can keep from having duplicate contacts is to keep them linked, but it defaults to the Facebook picture that I don't want. Unlink, I end up with two of the same contact. I think our problems could be solved simultaneously.

4. JohnJSal

Guess what, I have an answer! Someone told me about this, I tried it, and it didn't work. I just tried it again and now it works!

So here's what you do: link the contacts, and before you press "Done" tap on the profile pic in the upper left corner (you will see a dropdown arrow next to it) and a list will pop up that let's you choose where you want the picture to come from!

5. Cmonte

Cmonte New Member

I tried this as well, but it keeps changing back to the facebook pic.

6. JohnJSal

Hmm, I also read that there was a bug with it, so maybe that's the bug :(