1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

How do you free up space on this phone???

1. surgerush

surgerush Well-Known Member

My girlfriend has this phone, she's constantly deleting stuff to make space, but it seems like she never makes any progress.

I've rooted her phone and started deleting some system apps that she isn't using, but that's only clearing up rom space.

I've moved everything that can be to her sd... What else can be done?

Edit: cache is all cleared as well by the way.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Candy4UrSkull

Candy4UrSkull Member

Also I never update my apps in fear i will get the "low space" symbol which always happens when i update any of my apps is there anyway to get around that?
  3. surgerush

surgerush Well-Known Member

Ok, cleared up the dalvik, that gave her a good chunk of space. Any other recommendations?
  4. bonghit08

bonghit08 Member

Thats about all you can do i factory reset mine to get the most memory n delete useless app like you said
  5. Devicive

Devicive Member

Now that you are rooted install CWM recovery, make a backup, download A2SDGUI.Apk ( you need to be able to place the file on your SD card) and buy a large SD card of your choice. Research, research, and someone's always willing to help you it just may take awhile so while you wait for help, research. You don't need Adb or anything else on your computer to accomplish this. Just a few apps from the market. You can get more space than you know what to do with. Google will lead you there.
  6. lnr4e

lnr4e Well-Known Member

you also need to be sure to copy your files to your computer cause adding an sd-ext will format your card. you also need to have a rom that has the script to allow a2sdgui.apk to work.
  7. Devicive

Devicive Member

Thanks for that additional information. Could save a future headache. There's three ROM's that support this ScOr3d, Exile_Kitchen, and Stripped_Blue_Mod. At least until the source code is released.
  8. stedman420

stedman420 Guest

Sc0r3d does not have this feature only exile kitchen and stripped blue mod do. However if you look around you should be able to find a flashable zip for dark tremors a2sd that will install the necessary files for this feature. And for future reference A2sdGUI.apk is not needed for this to work. It just gives you a nice user interface once the necessary files are installed. Hope this helps :)
  9. Devicive

Devicive Member

Oops. Didn't know you were the one to add that. I just knew it was your starting point Rom. Thanks for keeping it straight and for all the work you do.