• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how do you FWD contact info?

I don't think you can text it to them.
If you have a contact that has ONLY facebook info, then you can't share it for some reason.

But if you have google contacts or merged contacts, you can share By contacts-> Share -> Gmail.

If you have bluetooth file transfer installed you can share it that way as well

Hope this helps

Upvote 0
our favorite way to do this uses barcodes. My roommate and I both have Droids. We both have the app Barcode Scanner installed. If we need to share a contact, just go to the contact and use the menu button to choose share. It brings up a choice to share via Barcode Scanner or Gmail. We choose Barcode Scanner and it creates a barcode. Use the other Droid's barcode scanner software to read the code off the first Droid and it will put it in their contacts! Very neat! We use it for restaurants a lot to get the correct address so we can then navigate to it.

Upvote 0
Barcode scanner works well. So does Bump. But the problem is that both users have to have the same program for it to work. I think the best way is to share the google contact via Gmail as said above. I assume you could email the contact through a file manager such as Astro as well through email if you don't use Gmail.

Just now I tested texting and emailing a contact to someone with no luck. When you hit the "attach" option in both programs, contacts do not show up. The outrageous part is that when I tried using email, I could only attach a picture. I had more options when using a text message.

Upvote 0
The Droid is great at sending vcf files. As mentioned, you can go to the contact and choose "share" and email the contact info.

However....Droid is terrible at receiving vcf files. Through the gmail app its still got all the field titles listed, but at least you can read the content of the vcf file. On the other hand, the email app for POP is utterly useless considering the jibberish that results from opening the attached vcf files. And, there is no way to save the contact to your own contacts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones