• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do you get the back off this phone??

myadreplies

Jan 25, 2015
Hey!

How do you get the back off this phone???

I have looked online and in the manual, and there are no directions on how to take the back cover off of this phone. HTC doesn't even have any info on their website about it.

So, how do you get the back cover off??

Thanks!
:D

I have to say this HTC Desire 816 is the BIGGEST piece of crap! Not as big a piece of crap as the LG phones I had previous, but the longer I have it, the more it ranks up there with LG!
(Does anyone even make a phone thats NOT a piece of crap?)

It's an embedded battery, which means you don't take the back off. Holding the power button until the phone power cycles acts in lieu of a battery pull, and the micro SD card and SIM slots are accessible from a small panel on the side.

Are there particular issues leading you to call the phone a "piece of crap?" I've had mine four months, and was actually just thinking about the lack of issues compared to other devices I've had.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones