How do you go back to STOCK HTC Desire ROM

1. coldside

coldside New Member

Well today I unrooted my phone and installed the new Cyanogenmod 6.1 ROM onto it. Everything went smooth... but I decided I wanted to revert back to stock HTC Desire ROM.

How will I do that? I have tried this already:
    I followed this guide:

"How to Unroot your HTC Desire to stock

1. Turn your Desire on
    2. Connect it to a Windows PC
    3. Run the HTC RUU
    4. Let it run
    & YOUR DONE!
    You can use it to return your phone for warranty purposes!"

I got the "RUU_Bravo_Vodafone_UK_1.19.161.5_Radio_32.36.00.28 U_4.06.00.02_2_release_126338_signed.exe" from [ROM] Official HTC Desire RUU ROMS and OTA Update URLs - xda-developers but that didn't work as my bootloader is a different version (mine is 0.93).

How should I proceed?

Much help would be greatly appreciated. I really regret doing this during exam time.

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

If its Vodafone slcd you can't. If its amoled you may be able to put an old Rom on to downgrade to that old ruu
  3. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

GrenW, coldside and Uridium like this.
  4. SUroot

Eddy, will this be on Shipped roms soon?
  5. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

Dunno, it's on their FTP so assuming it's not been moved over yet

Shipped-ROMs is having real issues at the mo, though - can't download anything off of it without it stopping half way through
  6. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

eddy is a beast, how did you find that lool
  7. SUroot

He is a monster RUUer.
  8. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

It was added by 'Football' on XDA a few weeks ago - he seems to have access to them all!! :D

If only he could get an Orange RUU
  9. SUroot

If only we could compile them...
  10. droidzone

droidzone Well-Known Member

If only he had a 2.0+ RUU_Bravo_hTC_Asia_India :mad:

Wish we could manually patch an OTA on an RUU zip to create a new RUU zip.....
  11. coldside

coldside New Member

12. SUroot

It will wipe it completely (undoing anything you have ever done to it) and put it into an out-of-the-box state.
    coldside likes this.
  13. coldside

coldside New Member

Thank you. So it will remove the Bootloader as well.

I guess it works with HB 0.93.
  14. SUroot

Yes.
    coldside likes this.
  15. downloaded file now how to I run the .exe? Does it go on the sd card, or do I need to install SYNC?
  16. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

You just run it in Windows like you would any other program, its an EXE

Turn the phone off and turn it back on holding the back button to go into FASTBOOT. Connect to the PC and once it says FASTBOOT USB on the Desire and Windows has installed the drivers run the RUU
    coldside likes this.
  17. coldside

coldside New Member

Thank you for your help everyone!
  18. bigreenpants

bigreenpants Member

Hi guys, I do the above but the revolutionary command window opens and says: "waiting for device"

On my phone it says "HBOOT USB PLUG"

but nothing else happens,

Any ideas?
  19. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Do you want to return completely to stock, i.e. return to S-On as well? If so you must flash alpharev's "downgrader" hboot first. If you want to still be S-Off you should make sure you have alpharev stock hboot, not something like CM7, so that the stock ROM the RUU installs will fit.

That warning aside, try booting into fastboot mode (boot while holding return key, or select fastboot from the bootloader menu). I think that your main problem is that you are in hboot rather than fastboot.
    bigreenpants likes this.
  20. bigreenpants

bigreenpants Member

Im not sure if i want to revert back to complete stock, all i wanted in the first place was to flash N1 table! What i'd like is to keep S-off and have N1 table flashed!!

Im not sure whats best to do at this point as still have white screen with logo and have made it back to AlphaRev rather than Revolutionary.

Quite confused.
  21. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

AlphaRev are one half of the Revolutionary team, and the hboots are the same apart from the name.

You can't use an RUU with the N1 table flashed - the phone will not boot because the stock ROM that the RUU installs won't fit the N1 system partition.

You can leave the alpharev stock hboot on and run the RUU. That will return you to completely stock firmware apart from leaving you S-Off. You would then have to reinstall a custom recovery, then flash a new ROM, etc. But that is one way out of your current problem.
    bigreenpants likes this.
  22. bigreenpants

bigreenpants Member

Well, kinda.. had to restore to stock RUU. So guna have to do it all again! Thanks for the above help! :)