1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

How do you install Android on a PC?

1. pewterbird03

pewterbird03 New Member

I know my question has been asked before but the only answers I can find relate to installing android on a system that already has an operating system. How do you go about installing android as the only operating system? I'd like to have a PC that only uses android. Where can I download the installation files? Do I need to burn it to a disc and run it off of that? Could I run the installation file off of a flash drive? Thanks for any help!

Advertisement
    :
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Welcome to the forums! :)

I think that all of the answers are at - http://www.android-x86.org/

Sorry, I haven't played with it in a year, so I'm not current.
  3. pewterbird03

pewterbird03 New Member

Thanks for the response. I've googled the issue but it seems like all the answers are based on already having windows installed. I want to start from a formatted hard disk and use android as my only operating system. I don't want windows involved :) any help?
  4. SirSpace

SirSpace Well-Known Member

Partition your HD one that will run a dual boot only thing I can think of and idk if that would work just having android as the os for reasons such as drivers and compatability reason I may be wrong and if I am I'm sorry but isn't android based off the Linux os if it is why not try fresh install of Linux?you can try the partition with dual boot but you may run into problems with drivers and so on
  5. JR866Gooner

JR866Gooner Well-Known Member

How about using this on virtual box?