How do you kill pandora?Support

Last Updated:

1. TuNeCedeMalis

TuNeCedeMalis Active Member

I've just recently decided not to use my task killer anymore after reading some convincing posts on here. My only concern is actually closing out of pandora...any suggestions?

2. Crimson01

Crimson01 Well-Known Member

Hit menu, select EXIT.
  3. if the app doesnt have an exit button, then the only other way is to use a task killer. However android is very good at keeping apps in the cache and not using them, so be assured if the app isnt doing anything then its not using any battery.
  4. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

while on pandora, hit menu then quit.
  5. muncher

muncher Well-Known Member

pandora is one of the MANY exceptions.
  6. TuNeCedeMalis

TuNeCedeMalis Active Member

So would most of you agree that my battery will last longer and the phone will still be smooth without a task killer?
  7. IPvFletch

IPvFletch Well-Known Member

Yes, don't use a task killer, just figure it out on your own first.
  8. tinbeach

tinbeach New Member

To close pandora go to settings, applications, running services. A list of all applications running will be shown. Select Pandora and the option to stop running the application. This can be done for any application still running in the background. Hope that helps.
  9. mercdizzle

mercdizzle Well-Known Member

why not use the task killer?
  10. phearx

phearx Well-Known Member

If the app doesn't have an option to exit, just back out of the app until you get to the home screen. The app will take care of itself and shouldn't affect the battery life of your phone.
  11. gcbzzzz

gcbzzzz New Member

it is probably Samsung doing **** as they usually do, but on the galaxy tab3 stock i just tested:

1. open pandora
    2. press play
    3. press and hold Home button
    4. kill pandora. and for good measure click kill all
    5. pandora is not listed as running. music continues to play.
    6. kill all again
    7. keep kiilling
    8. music ends, next one starts.
    9. pandora laughs at you.

100% reproducible.

So if you still believe you can have any control on samsung roms over which app is running, you are dead wrong.