• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do you know if your overheating?

Actually just this last week i was working on my car and left the phone on the drivers seat in the sun. I went to check something on it and it was hotter than it's ever been thanks to the fact that it was under direct sunlight. It had a message on the screen saying that it turned off radios and was too hot or something to that effect.

Reactions: agentc13
Upvote 0
Actually just this last week i was working on my car and left the phone on the drivers seat in the sun. I went to check something on it and it was hotter than it's ever been thanks to the fact that it was under direct sunlight. It had a message on the screen saying that it turned off radios and was too hot or something to that effect.

Mine has done this before too if it's in direct sunlight for a long time. That was on stock Froyo though, haven't seen it happen on CM7 (but I've also been much more careful about letting it get that hot again.)

Reactions: agentc13
Upvote 0

Mine has done this before too if it's in direct sunlight for a long time. That was on stock Froyo though, haven't seen it happen on CM7 (but I've also been much more careful about letting it get that hot again.)

Ah, I guess that mine has never gotten that hot, or maybe it doesn't do that on CM7/9? I have felt the device get really hot a few times with no warning.

Upvote 0
How do you know if your MT is overheating? Is there a on-screen notification or a Flashing LED light to notify you?

Here are some tips for preventing overheating more simply,
Turn of the Mobile Data in the settings menu, This alone will prevent overheating throughout the entire day (unless of course you use apps that require the processor to work) not only will this prevent heating up but it will save a ton of battery life. About 2 days of use. Or airplane mode, The only downside to airplane is not being able to text. But your battery should last for even longer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones