How do you know when your battery is giving up?Support

1. jeb_hoge

jeb_hoge Active Member

Twice today, I've had my battery "crash" from about 20% to showing 1% after the phone automatically rebooted. In the first instance, I shut it off again, then when it powered up once I plugged it in, the battery monitor was showing 71% at that time (when it hadn't been that high beforehand), and then when it got to about 20% again, it repeated the restart and came up showing 1% again. I'm putting it on the charger overnight.

I figure that after over a year of daily charge/discharge cycles (at least one per day, maybe two...I'm kind of a heavy user), the battery deserves its final reward, but I still hate seeing weird behavior.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Pwnage

Pwnage Well-Known Member

It is time you buy a new battery.
  3. xbrad75

xbrad75 Well-Known Member

Are you serious? Anyone on this forum could have told him that.
  4. KingOfGreen

KingOfGreen Well-Known Member

Mhmmm. . . . But he was 1st to reply and 1st to say it. And im pretty sure thats what the op asked. If its something most of us would know, are we not supposed to say it? Quit hatin!
    xbrad75 likes this.
  5. Pwnage

Pwnage Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure that buying a new battery will stop the weird behavior, and the OP wants to stop it. I was just trying to help. And thanks for defending me KingOfGreen :D
    xbrad75 likes this.
  6. jeb_hoge

jeb_hoge Active Member

I put the new battery in last night, charged it overnight, and yes, it's taken care of everything. No more watching the battery counter click down while I'm loading a Facebook page.
  7. Pwnage

Pwnage Well-Known Member

I'm glad I helped.