• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do you know you're rooted?

I know this will sound like a silly question but how can you tell you're rooted? I went through the whole process on rooting and I did everything without having any setbacks. Where can I see proof on my phone that I am officially rooted? Part of my proof is that my phone does seem to run much smoother in all aspects. Is there any other assurances that my phone is indeed rooted? Thanks for any help you could give me on this and please don't be so harsh. I tried to wait for the update but I couldn't anymore and I do want to try the roms. I would also like if you could tell me what you think the best rom is to put into my rooted phone.

I've been using Fresh2.0D and its pretty good.

I'm sure there are multiple ways to know if you are rooted but one way that you can tell is by going into the marketplace and downloading an app that requires your phone to be rooted. Just go into the marketplace and search for "root", install one of the apps and if it runs without any errors (errors that say you are not rooted) then you are...rooted :)

Reactions: zeux6
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones