how do you manage to sleep with your phone?General

Last Updated:

1. Germwise

Germwise Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I sleep I leave phone charging in my night stand. My problem is my phone will wake me up 5 times a night telling me i have a new email, and other notifications

I hesitate to silence my phone in case i get an important call. Any quick solutions?

Advertisement
  2. Roller

Roller Well-Known Member

Just put your e-mail notifications on silent. It's in the Gmail settings.

3. malice

malice Well-Known Member

Turn the 3g off?

4. WarEagle

WarEagle Member

I went to settings-> sound & display-> ringer volume then uncheck "use incoming call volume for notifications." Then turn the notification volume all the way down. it will still vibrate if you have your email, text, facebook etc.. set to vibrate i also turned down media volume (however i don't think it does much since it controls video sound, music etc...)

5. greenrolaids

greenrolaids Well-Known Member

i make sure to use my silicone cover, i don't want my incredible catching anything.

I hit the volume rocker and turn down the ringer all the way down.

6. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

Click your clock widget, there is an icon with a moon and a star. That puts the phone into sleep mode kind of, your screen shows your clock, while sleeping but no sounds.

7. kenyu73

kenyu73 Well-Known Member

You need to disable notifications for email... you can configure sound, alert light and notification bar gmail icon. Same with text messages.

8. gijoe411

gijoe411 Well-Known Member

I'd simply go with widgets that turn off the cell data & wifi. Just hit those 2 switches when you go to sleep. Turn them back on in the am and get your messages... You'd probably want the data off at night anyways, so, if your Not charging your phone, it won't be dead when you wake.

9. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

I just use an app called Tasker which is in beta and should be coming to the market soon for $$$$ that I have setup to mute media and alert (notification) volumes at specific times and un-mute them when the time has passed. My Tasker profile is setup to mute media and alerts volume at 11pm and un-mute them at 5am on weekdays, and another Tasker profile is setup for the weekends which doesn't turn the media and alert volume back on until 7am. (YAWN)

Some people use Timmeriffic (Free), and others use Setting Profiles ($$$$) that I think can do this too.

Mr Marcus likes this.
  10. inTECHrity

inTECHrity Well-Known Member

I have the same problem!

The BEST solution for me is to use the power control widget by android. When you go to bed, just tap to turn off your SYNC (second button from right), that way you wont get the late night emails! In the morning, tap it again and voila! Emails appear. Hope this helps.

hazynut22, cmantelope and bjanow like this.
  11. keving

keving Well-Known Member

I am using the Airplane AutoSwith app. It allows me to control when the phone goes into and out of Airplane mode. I set it to be on between 11PM and 6 AM.
    When in Airplane mode, all of the 3G, WiFi and phone functions are disabled.

An added bonus of this is that the airplane mode does something that helps with battery life. See the HTC Eris trick on this.

12. benson304

benson304 Well-Known Member

Set it up so that there are important calls that bypass the volume settings then put it on mute?

13. carrot

carrot Well-Known Member

How do you do this? Do you need a special app?

14. AJ McKay

AJ McKay Well-Known Member

I use timeriffic. I set notification volume to 0 and ringer volume to 15% at night, 100% for both during the day outside of work, and vibrate all during work hours. Works like a charm. Just make sure it turns up your volume before your alarm is supposed to go off.

Mahalo likes this.
  15. dibs ODDJOB

dibs ODDJOB Well-Known Member

+1 for Timeriffic.

Use to turn on Airplane mode at night, mute notifications at work, turn on ringer and sounds when at home, and toggle wifi on and off at times when I'm usually at home or work during the week. I may try out setting profiles which supposedly has some more options, but Timeriffic has been working great so far.

16. Bushflyr

Bushflyr Well-Known Member

I use "Quick Settings." When I go to bed it's super easy to slide the Notifications volume to zero. Call volume stays up.

17. carrot

carrot Well-Known Member

I need vibration on e-mail and gmail, can it turn it off/on as well at night?

I tried 1 of the profile one which has 3 settings, but it can't manage the e-mail/gmail vibration.

18. jaymz462

jaymz462 Active Member

Typically I take it out for a night on the town and ply it with wine and a few choice compliments. Oh wait...

Seriously, I use an app called Quick Profiles. It lets you create different profiles; I have a "Quiet" on that disables all notification sounds, but leaves the ringer on. Works very well.

19. rainierez

rainierez Well-Known Member

My smart ass comment based on the thread name,

I usually take it to dinner first. then maybe a movie and a walk under the moon light. I usually have a few suggestive things to entice it to go to bed. then when we get there we take it slow because it's battery is almost always dead. So i plug it in and we cuddle.

20. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

21. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member

does this stop incoming texts? I'm not too familiar with this phone and don't know what sync specifically does with the phone.

22. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

Oh heck a bomb could go off and I wouldn't hear it. The neighbor across the streets house burnt down to the ground one night, I never heard a thing. That phone will never wake me up! :D

23. pattherat

pattherat Well-Known Member

24. AndroidFantic

AndroidFantic Well-Known Member

Lol under my pillow hoping that the root fairy will bring me rooted 2.2 lol.... but seriously under the pillow to drown out notifications and to prevent my little brother from getting it and losing it

25. teslas123

teslas123 Member

If you use the Touchdown Ap for Exchange, then in the advanced options there is a setting where you can set the times that you want to check for emails each day.

Touchdown is very cool. I actually just figured out this option today!