How do you move a ringtone to notificationsSupport

Last Updated:

1. spacebratt

spacebratt Active Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 29, 2010
    I did a search and all I have found is how to do this with a rooted phone. Can this be done on a non-rooted phone?

2. DodgerinNH

DodgerinNH Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2010
    ok, I had the same trouble a while back and someone told me to do this:

1) Plug your phone into PC and when prompt comes up, mount your phone as a disk drive. (Or you can do all this by creating a new folder in Astro File Manager (SD Card > Media > Audio > Notifications) then move your ringtone file into the notification folder) If you're not familiar with Astro then follow steps below.

2) This might be a good time to re-name your two phone disk drives to "internal" and "SD card" so you don't always have to remember which letter is which.

3) While you're in your SD Card directory, be sure and create a "notifications" folder. You will need that later.

4) Move (or copy) files to: SD card>Notifications

5) Safely Unmount Phone

6) Files should be on your SD card now, ready to go. Just open the Menu> Settings>Sound & Display > Notification Sounds and they should all be there.

7) Alternatively you can also make a folder on your SD card called "Ringtones" and transfer or download files there if you want to keep your notification and ringtones separate (which I know I do)

Hope that helps!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    spacebratt likes this.