How do you move files from the phone over to the sd card?Support

Last Updated:

1. pantlesspenguin

pantlesspenguin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

On the Vibrant it was really easy, but I can't figure out how to do it on the MT4G!

Advertisement
  2. amac1222

amac1222 Member

the easiest way i've found is to go into settings>applications>manage applications and then click on each app and there's an option "move to sd" or "move to phone"... not sure if there's an easier, quicker way but that's the way i've found to do it

3. Fixxer56

Fixxer56 Member

An application called AppMonster will back up all of your applications(except those listed as protected) to the SD card. Been using it for almost 2 years now. It's also free!

4. Phateless

Phateless Well-Known Member

My favorite app AND DATA backup tool is MyBackup, available on the market.

To sync files between multiples computers AND your phone, try DropBox. If you click my referral link we both get an 250mb of storage. Totally free!!

http://db.tt/sQjzpz9

5. pantlesspenguin

pantlesspenguin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That sounds neat. I'll give that a shot. Otherwise I don't think I adequately communicated what I'm trying to do. Say I saved a .doc file on my phone's internal memory, & I'd like to move it to my sd card. On the Vibrant, I'd go into Files, select that file, & select to move it. Then I'd go to my sd card, & select to move it there. It was very handy & I didn't need an app to do it.

6. Phateless

Phateless Well-Known Member

I see... I know the Vibrant includes "internal" and "external" storage, but I think the mytouch only uses the sd card for storage? Not totally sure on that...

If you do sign up for DropBox, make sure to use my link and install the desktop application so we both get our extra 250mb.

It's always an app that moves it, it just sounds like the Vibrant included a bundled file manager of some sort. Download a file manager from the market, there's a bunch of them and they're all similar.

My favorite is Linda File Manager.

7. kettlecorn

kettlecorn Member

There's an app called Astro. Its free and does this. Like windows, its a directory program and you can visually long press on a file, click "edit" or "move' and place it into any folder you want, SD or internal.

pantlesspenguin likes this.