How Do You Program A Sequence Of Numbers Into The Phonebook?

Last Updated:

1. Son of Spam

Son of Spam Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, New Member Here... :cool:

First things first:

-I have an HTC Dream on the Rogers Wireless Network.
    -Firmware is 1.5 (Rogers hasn't released the update yet, :mad:)
    -Kernel version is "2.6.27-9af60ed4 u70000@Android-x01 )"
    -Build number is "1.86.631.1 146733 CL#42949 release-keys"

Anyway, sometimes I have to access my work voicemail from my cellphone. To do so, I have to first dial one phone number, then #, followed by my ID number, # again, and finally my numeric password :eek:.

Is there a way for me to program the entire sequence of button inputs -- including the #s -- into my phonebook?

Advertisement
  2. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

I do not have the Dream, I have the Eris but you should be able to enter the work number into your address book. Then you should be able to enter your pauses or waits then your # and numbers and so on so forth til you have it set up. You may need to try it a few times to figure out how many pauses you need to put in to give time for the answering system to answer and respond. Hope this makes sense?

3. Son of Spam

Son of Spam Member This Topic's Starter

LOL! Yes, it does! I just have to figure out how to input the pauses.

Thanks.

4. bigdroid

If I go into my phonebook and select a name then edit, I touch on the phone number the numeric keypad pops up for me with a p and w on the right side. Try putting just the phone number into your phonebook and save it first, then go back and edit it and see if yours does too. Or if not try hitting your menu button in the edit and see if it offer the P or W there?

5. bigdroid

I just found this posted online, maybe this will help if my previous one did not.

On the HTC Dream (which I bought in Canada a few days ago), you can insert a lower case "p" for pause or "w" for wait into a dialing string by using the dialer with the keyboard. Then you can create a new contact. If you use the telephone-style dialer, you can't insert the letters. If you try to create or edit a new contact directly, you can only insert capital P or W, which don't work. In my view HTC should update the Dialer and Contacts apps to allow the other two methods.