* * How do you protect your Camera on DX * *Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Xman007

Xman007 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Guys,

Quick question - even though the camera lens has a glass protector in front, it WILL get scratched eventually. I was wondering what you're using to protect that. I'm thinking of cutting a little piece of the screen protector and sticking it on.

Any ideas!

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Roxors

Roxors Well-Known Member

If you don't mind a case you could always get one that puts some extra space away fromt he lense. Which will be pretty much any case you put on it.

3. iresq

iresq Active Member

I'm a lefty and find that I protect my camera lens with my finger, duh!

4. suv1186

suv1186 Well-Known Member

with my phones i ALWAYS put a "very carefully" razor cut piece of invisible scotch tape over the camera glass. works like a charm for me. notice no difference with or without it (cosmetically and picture quality wise). JUST BE SURE TO BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU CUT IT. DON'T SCRATCH THE CAMERA GLASS DURING THE CUT!!

I guess if you wanna be a little safer about it just try to cut a piece of tape with some scissors. doesn't look as precise imo.

5. suv1186

suv1186 Well-Known Member

Oh and another thing.....on eBay I saw some screen protectors that came with a camera lens protector too!!! check there and just buy one of those!......if you want to i suppose.

6. Napalm

Napalm Well-Known Member

I started a thread a while ago about putting the seinheil ultra clear protector on that lense. I haven't done it yet. but I was going to take some before and after pics and vid (as in through the camera) to show if there was a decernable difference in the quality.