How do you protect your private information from all the people that want to play with your phone?

Last Updated:

1. Fking

Fking Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've integrated lots of private information like accounting, messaging, emails, tasks and so on, into desktop widgets and everywhere around the phone.
    Every so often, someone wants to take a look at the phone and play around.
    Reading some important stuff is one thing, but people tend to mess the stuff around as well.

Have you found a program or a way to protect from that? (other than denying to the people :> ) I guess some kind of shell program that you turn over when someone wants to demo the phone would be a nice solution.

Advertisement
  2. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Swear them to secrecy or kill them after they're done with your phone.

3. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

AppLock

4. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Don't let others play with the phone is my approach. That's what the display models are for. :D

5. sonmica

sonmica Well-Known Member

I have yet to do this, but I thought about setting up a new scene specifically for demoing the phone.

I would have all the flashy stuff on it: widgets, live wallpaper, games, colornote for practicing typing and swyping (which people always seem to want to try out), etc, without the private things, like mail, messages, pictures etc.

People tend to not want to delve too deep so as to get the private stuff anyway, and it's just a couple of presses to switch the scene (for those with sense ui)

6. AHanks12

AHanks12 Well-Known Member

That's actually a really good idea. I suppose another way to do it would be to use one of the launchers and just switch it before placing our beautiful device into the grimey paws of an inquistive on-looker.

7. Fking

thank you that's great for permanent pass code protection of apps. Thanks to that i found Carrot App Lock which is perfect for demoing the phone. Since there is desktop shortcut you can press to instantly lock a preselected list of apps.
    When you do that, and someone tries to open them, nothing happens (as opposed to a pass code enter box appears in AppLock every time you click protected app, and it's also much slower to turn on and off, since you have to go in settings).
    So the person might not even understand that they are protected.
    Really nice little app solving my problem completly! thank you! :)

8. Fking

really cool as well, how we can do that on nexus? :)