How Do You Remove Gmail Conversation and Just Have Gmail?Tips

Last Updated:

1. l-money

l-money Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone tell me how to NOT receive the same email in gmail conversation that comes into my regular gmail? Every time I get an email on gmail the same email also goes into gmail conversation. Is there a way to remove this so I don't have to go into both just to read the same email? I don't really want to have the gmail conversation anyway? I just want to receive my email in gmail. Does anyone know what to do?

Advertisement
  2. l-money

Anyone?

3. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I'll add to this: My Google Talk is on all the time and even when I turn it off it tends to come back on. Any help would be appreciated.

4. dave31175

dave31175 Well-Known Member

l-money -- I don't understand the distinction you're drawing between "gmail conversation" and "regular gmail". I use gmail, but don't know what you mean by gmail conversation...

JunBringer -- have you tried menu / more / settings / uncheck "automatically sign in"

5. l-money

When I receive an email in my gmail inbox, the same email is also in gmail conversation. Why is this and can I fix it so that all my emails just go to my inbox and not also to my gmail conversation as well?

6. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you mean, but I think google conversation and google mail is just one and the same. It just automatically bunch your mail into sender so it would look like a conversation. Now if you're talking about google talk, that is a different matter. Google talk is like a messenger - like yahoo or msn.

Sent using my HTC Evo 4G.

7. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

There we go. Thanks!

8. sitlet

sitlet Banned

You say this like Gmail Conversation is an app. We are all confused to what you are saying here, there is no Gmail Conversation app. Please explain better.

9. TomJ1967

TomJ1967 New Member

I have removed "conversation view" on my gmail account, however, on my Android phone my gmail still shows up in conversation view. Is there a way to remove "conversation view" for my android gmail app? tj

10. Gekko

Gekko Well-Known Member

try using the HTC Email app on your Android and not the Gmail app. of course you may lose other features.

also - for the PC side - there is a setting on Google.com Gmail settings.