How do you remove the camera lens?General

1. CJCymru

CJCymru New Member

I somehow managed to leave my Galaxy S4 out on my front lawn last night. Although the phone was slightly wet when I found it, it's still working fine, but the inside of the camera lens has managed to get a bit damp making pictures permanently blurry. Is there a way I can remove the lens so I can wipe it clear?

I have found a video on Youtube explaining how do do it with the S3, but it's not same lens.

Thankyou

Advertisement
    :
  2. CJCymru

CJCymru New Member

nevermind, got it!
  3. shmn

shmn Well-Known Member

How about sharing how you did it... for the collective knowledge base.
    Flapnoolie likes this.
  4. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

How hard is it? Somehow, I cannot imagine the S4 was designed with easy disassembly in mind.
  5. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

After posting this something occurred to me that I thought I should point out.

There may be an alternative to taking the lens out and that is using a desiccant like silica gel. My son stupidly dropped his iPod into some water once and we were able successfully to dry it out using a sealed container full of silica gel (the stuff that comes in little sachets with binoculars, cameras etc but you can buy big bags as posh cat litter and it's not expensive). That would be a far safer option than taking your phone apart, which I do not recommend unless you really know what you are doing.
    shmn likes this.