How do you resend a text message?Support

1. darkcyber

darkcyber Well-Known Member

How do I resend the exact same text message that I have already sent? I have 'long pressed' on the old message and here are the options that are available, but I do not see resend:

Open Message
    Forward Message
    Copy Message Text
    View Message details
    Delete Message

It looks like Forward will resend it but it puts 'Fwd:' at the beginning of the message. So, I didn't know if there was another way that would just resend the exact same typed message without adding anything to it.

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

i think you can only resend if it failed the first time. just long press, copy, paste in the text field, and send.
  3. Aggie12

Aggie12 Well-Known Member

I'm using handcent and when you long press on a message in the message thread one of the options is resend. This is really handy for me as this is the fastest way for me to get my account balance.
    Ubermother likes this.
  4. darkcyber

Thanks for the information. I may have to try out that handcent as I have just been using the default text messaging on my Droid X.
  5. Aggie12

Aggie12 Well-Known Member

yeah I never used the stock messaging app. The X is my first android phone but i've been lurking for quite some time and handcent seems to be the best txt messaging app. IMO
  6. sparky07

sparky07 Well-Known Member

Handcent works great and is sooooo much more customizable than stock
  7. bcurtiss433

bcurtiss433 Member

When using Handcent, how do you disable the stock text message app so I dont receive duplicate messages in 2 different apps?
  8. darkcyber

Oh, I am so glad you asked this question, because I was about to ask the same thing :D

Since I installed handcent (luv it) I too have noticed I am getting duplicate messages. I get one notice on the status bar from handcent and one from the default text app.
  9. dayton2200

dayton2200 New Member

open your stock mssnger click on menu and then settings youll see it says notifications in there and below that it says display message notifications in status bar uncheck that box and youll no longer have the dbl text issue
  10. pdqwick

pdqwick New Member

Long press on the failed text message and a menu comes up with "Resend" at the top of the menu.