• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do you run your "Evo demo" when showing it to people?

I would show off your screen, Youtube HQ, Google Apps, and the Live wallpaper. Also you could talk about how much cheaper Sprint is. Google Sky seemed to be the most impressive to the iPhone users. Its a pretty cool app.

Are people really considering flash as an advantage? I dunno right now flash is Garbage. Its nice that it has the capability now, but I wouldn't gloat about it just yet until its actually running smoothly in the future.

I mean its not very impressive that a browser comes to a crawl loading advertisements.

Upvote 0
Awesome guys. Thanks a bunch. Some big ones that I missed in here.

Quick/dumb question. You guys keep mentioning Flash. I thought Flash wasn't available until 2.2??

Ditto to Oridus - just want to add - the EVO is already supporting HQ flash.

You might try a good YouTube or two for that - I personally like the Clash, Rockin' The Casbah - or - Johnny River's Secret Agent Man - that sort of thing.

Upvote 0
My two biggest average Joe crowd pleasers are doing a voice search on Google Maps of the person's address then choosing navigate to and Google Sky Maps.

Layar is also a pretty cool app that I show as well as taking a picture of either a book cover or famous piece of artwork with Google Goggles.

Also usually demo barcode app scanning barcode of a product to compare prices.

Upvote 0
The way I show me EVO to iPhone users is I will call them, there phone will drop the call, and after that I say you don't deserve to see anything else my EVO can do!

But if I feel the need to show more, I just show them the phone, no need to even turn it on. They just walk away in shame with their tiny little 3.5" screen.

Then if they are still wanting more, which by now not sure why they would want to, I give them the pleasure of turning the device on. What comes up next is a home screen with the weather, scrolling news, stocks, shortcuts, system widgets, etc.

Seriously, what more needs to be shown after that?

Upvote 0
Being a girl tech geek is hard.. but when you give the guys phone envy too... it makes me giggle with glee!
Tell it, sistah....

It's especially funny when you can slam down the technical stats that your phone has over them:

"Oh yeah, that 5 MP cam on back of your iPhony is nice...but it ain't an 8 MP."
"Oooh, a 3.7 inch diagonal on that phone? Nice, but isn't a 4.3 inch."
"You can output video? Using how much gear? I just plug in this little HDMI cable..."
The facial droop when you cannonball their egos.... Priceless

Upvote 0
Tell it, sistah....

It's especially funny when you can slam down the technical stats that your phone has over them:
"Oh yeah, that 5 MP cam on back of your iPhony is nice...but it ain't an 8 MP."
"Oooh, a 3.7 inch diagonal on that phone? Nice, but isn't a 4.3 inch."
"You can output video? Using how much gear? I just plug in this little HDMI cable..."
The facial droop when you cannonball their egos.... Priceless
All is god except the MP thing. More MP's unfortunately does not mean the better photo. You can have a 2MP camera that blows the EVO away.....

Upvote 0
All is god except the MP thing. More MP's unfortunately does not mean the better photo. You can have a 2MP camera that blows the EVO away.....
I've seen the h2h between the iBoned and the Evo. The MPs do count in this instance, for the quality is pretty close between them - and if it were reversed, the iPhanbois would be screaming it back at us...

Upvote 0
I've seen the h2h between the iBoned and the Evo. The MPs do count in this instance, for the quality is pretty close between them - and if it were reversed, the iPhanbois would be screaming it back at us...

Has absolutely nothing to do with the MP count and if the iPhanbois would scream that back at us it would just show their lack of knowledge as well.

Too bad the Evo's pics don't come out as good.
Exactly.

Upvote 0
Google Sky, Play CaligoChaser and then I load up an AVI movie using Rock Player.

Watching a movie on the screen is smooth (Yes it can be better) but it blows them away.

My brother has a Moto phone (Using Android), but when he saw mine he was jealous to say the least.

Edit: I also show them the speak-to-text feature for texting/ email. I have had a few jaws drop with that feature.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones