How do you save a point on google maps?

Last Updated:

1. Banzibarn

Banzibarn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I wanted to save my position as a bookmark yesterday so I could find the car park I was in again but I couldn't work out how to do it.

I was with someone with an iPhone and the option on that was really obvious.....

Does anyone know how to do it please?

Advertisement
  2. delinear

delinear Well-Known Member

I don't think you can do this natively in the Google Maps app (there's an open issue for it on code.google.com), but there are "car locator" apps which promise to do this for you.

3. partridge

partridge Well-Known Member

You just set where you are as a favourite; I don't have a Desire, but surely google maps works the same regardless of your hand set.

On my C905 I just click the select button and I get an option to save the current location as a favourite. I can't believe this isn't possible on the Desire.

4. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Are you talking about adding a navigation link to a place on your homescreen?

Long-hold on the homescreen > Shortcuts > Directions & Navigation

5. Case

Case Well-Known Member

In maps you can 'Star' places by long-holding on a location then clicking on the address. On the next screen there should be a dimmed-out star in the top right corner. Click that and it marks that place with a star on your map.

6. delinear

delinear Well-Known Member

I stand corrected - I actually tried that but I couldn't get the star to highlight no matter what I did. Actually all of those top right options seem incredibly fiddly to activate (I think the clear one is the one I usually have trouble with) - I don't know if I have a dodgy screen sensor or it's poorly calibrated or they just don't have a very big target area to click...

7. Banzibarn

Banzibarn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Brilliant! Thanks.

Press and hold the location and press the star which I hadn't noticed before.

Then in the menu press 'more' and you can view stared items.

Cheers guys!

Delinear, I had no problem selecting the star so maybe you do need a calibration.