• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do you save a point on google maps?

Banzibarn

Apr 9, 2010
I wanted to save my position as a bookmark yesterday so I could find the car park I was in again but I couldn't work out how to do it.

I was with someone with an iPhone and the option on that was really obvious.....

Does anyone know how to do it please?

You just set where you are as a favourite; I don't have a Desire, but surely google maps works the same regardless of your hand set.

On my C905 I just click the select button and I get an option to save the current location as a favourite. I can't believe this isn't possible on the Desire.

Upvote 0
In maps you can 'Star' places by long-holding on a location then clicking on the address. On the next screen there should be a dimmed-out star in the top right corner. Click that and it marks that place with a star on your map.

I stand corrected - I actually tried that but I couldn't get the star to highlight no matter what I did. Actually all of those top right options seem incredibly fiddly to activate (I think the clear one is the one I usually have trouble with) - I don't know if I have a dodgy screen sensor or it's poorly calibrated or they just don't have a very big target area to click...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones