• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do you save an e-mail in the trash folder?

brownsf

Lurker
Apr 8, 2011
An e-mail that I want to keep somehow ended up in the trash folder on my Droid 1. I can't figure out how to save the e-mail. The Droid won't let me forward it and I can't find a way to move it to another folder, copy it or do anything else that would salvage the message. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Click the gray check box next to the email while in the trash folder. It will pull up an option box at the bottom, one of which is "To Inbox". Select that and it will move the email you want from trash to the inbox.

There are a few different ways to change labels and move mail around.
While in the actual email you can "Remove label" at the bottom, that should also pop it back to the inbox. You can also hit menu and then change labels from there.

Labels are a good thing (they work like folders), a great tool for organizing your email and a lot of options/ways to access them :)

Upvote 0
My version is 2.2.2. When I to to system updates, it says I'm up to date. Is there a way to update despite this?

The only choices at the bottom of the e-mail are reply, reply all and delete. When I press menu, the only choices are delete and mark as unread. Three other choices--forward, reply and reply all-- are grayed out. There is nothing about remove label or change label. I'm not using g mail. It's AOL e-mail. I'm not very technical, so I apologize for not mentioning this if it's the source of the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones