How do you save emails and text msgs with EVO?Tips

Last Updated:

1. htclivin

htclivin Member This Topic's Starter

I searched for this in pretty much every category and I haven't found a solution. There are times when I receive an email or text on my phone that I want to save it. I've been through many menus and I can't seem to find out how to do it, if it's possible on this device (fingers crossed). Would someone help me out please. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Chief YYZ

Chief YYZ Well-Known Member

As for email, why do you need to save it? Just leave it in your account and you have it. Use the browser to go to your full mail site and move it to a folder if you want, gmail app might do this itself - I don't remember, I use yahoo. Or just copy it on your computer when you get a chance, it's on the provider's server, not your phone!
    You can lock messages (long press on message) then it won't delete when you delete the thread unless you want it to. You can long press messages (in handcent at least) and copy the text, then past it to a notes app or something like that, you can certainly save any media sent in a mms.
    Check out back up apps in the market too, i've tried a couple with less than steller results, one restored all my texts after a hard reset on my old hero, but in reverse order, lol...

3. htclivin

htclivin Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for replying. I know I can leave them in my account but I don't want to keep looking at them. There might be info within the email that I might need to access later. My primary email account is mobile me and my emails are stored there. I just want to be able to save them on my device. I could save emails on my blackberry (and yes I know two different devices). I'm brand new to android and sometimes things are hidden.

Thanks for the info on locking sms messages. Is it possible to create a folder and store them in there?

4. Chief YYZ

Chief YYZ Well-Known Member

I'm not aware of a way to do that with the standard system. You can check for apps that may do it. Download Astro file manager from the market, that will allow you to move files on your SD card, create folders, etc. You can long press on the email or sms to copy text to your clipboard and then paste it in other apps. Sorry I don't know any easier way.

5. cyd13888

cyd13888 Member

SMS Backup is a really good way to backup your text messages. It saves them to a folder on your gmail account.

6. TheManRSW

TheManRSW Well-Known Member

I think you can archive the message in Gmail.

7. frankiepapa

frankiepapa Well-Known Member

You can save e-mails...if you use the menu funtion...click more and then move to and this should bring up a set of options such as folders...of course i don't have en e-mail right now to try this with but i have saved numerous e-mails to the saved mail/im folder..just play with the menu options

8. telcomboss

telcomboss New Member

Open message, open menu, select Move to, select Saved on PDA. This stores the message on the SD card

9. OldDogEyes

OldDogEyes Active Member

Really? When I long press an sms message I am not given the option to copy to clipboard...

What am I missing here?

10. awileycoyote21

awileycoyote21 Member

Try SMS to text

11. dreahdreah

dreahdreah Well-Known Member

i use sms backup, sends it right to my gmail.