How Do You Save Pics From Phone to SD Card?Support

1. Simba1

Simba1 Member

Can't figure this one out. I have an SD card in the phone and pics loaded on it from my computer. No problem there.
    PROBLEM: The pics I take WITH the phone camera just go somewhere IN the phone - NOT to my SD card. I can't find any option in the pics to "save to SD card" or anything like that. I had the phone updated the other day and it wiped all the pics I had taken with the phone - but not the SD ones. Now I have more photos and no way to save them to the SD card? HELP!

Advertisement
  2. jasonamd

jasonamd Well-Known Member

The photos should be automatically stored to the SD card...there is no other option. In fact, I don't think the camera will even work without a SD card installed.
  3. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

the photos from your camera should be found in:

/sdcard/DCIM/Camera
    davew_srt4 likes this.
  4. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

Chibucks is correct if you are looking at your SD card thru a computer interface. But if you are looking for them on your phone, just go into your apps and select "gallery" and they will be in there.
  5. Simba1

Simba1 Member

It is NOT saving them to the SD card that I can tell. When I go to "Gallery" I get 3 windows "all pictures" "camera pictures" and "sdcard". Currently there are 91 in all pictures, 83 on sdcard, and 8 in camera pictures. The ones in the "camera pictures" are NOT on the sd card album. 91-8 = 83??? What is going on here? There were about 20 "camera pictures" on the phone before they updated it - that wiped out all of them but not the ones already on the SD card....
  6. jasonamd

jasonamd Well-Known Member

Have you browsed to the folder mentioned above on a computer?

I have 4 albums that show up in my Gallery. "All pictures" "Camera pictures" "Camera Videos" and "Backgrounds". Everything in every one of those folders is on the SD card.
  7. chibucks

sdcard appears in "gallery" when you have pictures and images on the base sdcard directory (/sdcard). it is not indicative of how many pictures are on your sdcard, but only how many pictures are in your base /sdcard directory...

so it seems you have 83 pictures on your sdcard base directory... and no, those pictures don't show in your "all pictures"... so you have 91+83 pictures (the 8 camera are included in "all").

hope that helps.

if anyone else wants to test this out, put a picture/image in your /sdcard directory, and go to gallery to take a look.
  8. GrumpyOldMan

GrumpyOldMan New Member

OK in the same vain, How the heck can you save a MMS message pic? I have read everything I can on this forum about that. Also I have 2 folders in my albums both with the same pics one called camera shots one called All Photos, no biggie until I load all 6 gig I need then it might be a problem depending how they are stored.
  9. chibucks

depends on which messaging app you're using...

in the default, long press on the picture/image and you can "copy attached to SD card"

in handcent, you can click on a thread > menu >more > save MMS and it'll save all the images in that thread.

as for the 2 folders, don't worry about that, it's not two albums, it's just showing the same pictures in two albums (so it's not taking up anymore room on your SD card)
  10. GrumpyOldMan

GrumpyOldMan New Member

Well I am glad there aren't dup files on my iPhone that was an issue when syncing if I selected the wrong file. I am using the MMS messaging that came with the droid eris. I tried to hold the screen and see if it gave me options, it doesn't when I touch the menu it gives me "set as" or "details" I just looked in the root files for the phone and the pic folders have not one pic that was sent by MMS message. At least I know I won't get dup pic files. Thanks any other suggestions?
  11. chibucks

oh... haha, not sure about the droid, but that's how i save on the samsung moment. :) sorry!
  12. GrumpyOldMan

GrumpyOldMan New Member

Yeah I have an Omina, iPhone droid eris, the droid is the least user friendly so far. Needs a few tweaks. People send me pics and I wanted to save them I have to forward them to my iPhone so save them and download them to sync what a pain!!!!!!! The Motorola I tried, I HATE Microsoft Mobile!!!!! but it is what it is and if only Verizon had a phone that was like the iPhone and could actually make and receive calls, my major complaint with iPhones. Great for everything but talking. Even in Europe same thing..
  13. pattonthegen

pattonthegen Well-Known Member

I have often wondered how I can view what is stored on my SDcard, but don't see anyway to check whats on the SDcard.

When i go to hallery all i see is on folder that says all pic, camera pic's, and downloaded nothing that says SDcard.
  14. chibucks

Install ASTRO from the market. You can browse ur sdcard and s few other folders. Its free
  15. pattonthegen

pattonthegen Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice, I did go and install this program and it is nice so far. The one thing I noticed was the program states that it also has a task killer with it, but I can't find it anywhere within the program....am i missing something?
  16. chibucks

menu > tools > process manager

it'll allow you to see what apps / services / processes are running. long hold on each to get options on what you want to do.